Regular Contributor
akhan

Citi/Sears product change

Has anyone sucessfully done a product change from a Sears card to another citi product?  My dad has a Sears Gold MC (issued by citi) and doesn't really use it much.  It would be more useful as just a regular citi card (that earns thankyou points) but the lady on the phone didn't really understand what I meant by "product change" and thought we'd need to reapply for a new citi card.

Any ideas?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Citi/Sears product change

I know I could not upgrade a Sears Store card to a Sears Mastercard... they said it's a new application.
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
MojaveMoon

Re: Citi/Sears product change

I've been trying for years without success to do this. You also cannot allocate some of your Sears Mastercard credit limit to another Citi credit card.

Now, there had been a situation reported on other sites where a few people had had their card converted to a Citi card -- but it wasn't a true Citi card in that you couldn't convert that faux-Citi card to any other type of true Citi card and also in that customer support for that faux-Citi card was still handled by the customer support for the Sears Mastercard.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}