Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Secured Card...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Citi Secured Card...

Has anyone had their Citi Secured Card unsecure?

If so..what was your score when they unsecured and what was your credit limit before the card was unsecured and after?

Mine is due to unsecure in April and I am nervous because eventhough I have perfect PIF history on the card...my scores are not high so not sure what they will do

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Secured Card...

I've heard of people on here getting their Citi cards unsecured recently.  What are you scores?

Note that the phrasing is "after 18 months your account will be reviewed to become unsecured"

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 3
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Secured Card...

My EQ is about 617 now.  Have Ch7 bk discharged about a yr and a half ago.  

My CL on my Citi card was 200 and in about 15 months I spent over 10k...charging 50 dollars and paying right away making sure not a single charge was over my CL.  

So the lifetime spending on the card thus far is like 10500 which tells them I had the cash and can manage the line...but I am afraid about them not unsecuring because of my low score and I had included a Citi loan in the past in my BK

However they did a soft pull in June and saw that and they kept the secured acct open so they must not care about that, that much

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.