cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Secured Does Not Report To Bureaus Per This Leter...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Secured Does Not Report To Bureaus Per This Leter...

I am thinking maybe my account will report after the first statement cuts, however, I would think it would show up before...don't you?

Message 11 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I am thinking maybe my account will report after the first statement cuts, however, I would think it would show up before...don't you?

New tradelines are reported within 3- 90 days.  It's at the discretion of the lender who's reporting it.  AMEX is known to take up to 90 days.  

Message 12 of 15
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Well...I checked my EX report today and almost fell out of my chair....

Not only did my new secured account report, but it did not report as secured.  The tradeline states a credit limit and "revolving terms"

In addition to I was VERY happy to see Citi made another mistake, my other Citi card with them that had been included in my Bk ch 7 which is not discharged is no longer on my report at all...odd but true.

So, in conclusion, despite what letters say, CSR say, and Supervisors say...NO ONE AT THIS BANK knows anything or else the person at the top, ie Supervisor would have told me the correct information the first time.

I am however delighted in my findings 

Message 13 of 15
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Well...I checked my EX report today and almost fell out of my chair....

Not only did my new secured account report, but it did not report as secured.  The tradeline states a credit limit and "revolving terms"

In addition to I was VERY happy to see Citi made another mistake, my other Citi card with them that had been included in my Bk ch 7 which is not discharged is no longer on my report at all...odd but true.

So, in conclusion, despite what letters say, CSR say, and Supervisors say...NO ONE AT THIS BANK knows anything or else the person at the top, ie Supervisor would have told me the correct information the first time.

I am however delighted in my findings 

Nice! Mine reports as secured. Possibly since you had a Citi acct. they just updated the field entries rather than creating a new one. It is astonishing how wrong the various Citi people were about secured cards not reporting to CRAs. I guess they are under so much stress that turnover and job attention suffers. There are a lot of customers with stress too and that doesn't make for happy days.

Having a "secured" label on an account is a double edged sword. One one hand it (usually) says your credit history wasn't good enough to get a regular CC. On the other hand it is the only real way potential creditors know that you actually have savings. I know several high credit score people that went out and got Citi cards just to get the high CD interest. That wasn't me though as I switched to a debit card in the 90s and had closed all my credit cards over ten years ago. Also got a few baddies from, well, general flakiness. So I had horrid credit a year ago (didn't even qualify for a FICO score). Now, thanks to WF and Citi secured cards my FICOs are around 700 with an average age of only about 7 months. So I like 'em. I'm actually hoping that Citi doesn't "graduate" me after 18 months. At least if the CD is still paying as much.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 14 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I think the matter of the reporting of Citi secured cards has been pretty well covered in this forum. Without regard to what the CSR may tell you they do report.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.