Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Secured Mastercard

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Citi Secured Mastercard

Anyone have recent luck with the Citi Secured Mastercard. I've looked at their new application and it appears that they have relaxed their standards. - The application now says you cant have any bankruptcy history for the last 2 years as opposed to collection and write off history as it used to? Just wondering if anyone has had recent experience with this card. How was the process of getting it?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Secured Mastercard

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Anyone have recent luck with the Citi Secured Mastercard. I've looked at their new application and it appears that they have relaxed their standards. - The application now says you cant have any bankruptcy history for the last 2 years as opposed to collection and write off history as it used to? Just wondering if anyone has had recent experience with this card. How was the process of getting it?

are you able to apply for this online? cause all I see is a .pdf file to mail along with a check. Do you have a link to the application you're refering to?

Message 2 of 11
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

You do have to print the application. Here is the link:

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-secured-mastercard/

Message 3 of 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

where did you find this information at? I don't see it on the app... js

Message 4 of 11
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

The app I just downloaded today contains it on the last page. I linked the page on the last post

Message 5 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I didn't get an instant approval message, but I did get approved.  No BK but still a nasty tax lien there from the IRS.

I decided to turn down the offer anyway, but the approval was given.

        
Message 6 of 11
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Revelate...you were able to apply online?

Message 7 of 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

I didn't get an instant approval message, but I did get approved.  No BK but still a nasty tax lien there from the IRS.

I decided to turn down the offer anyway, but the approval was given.

Were you able to apply online?

Message 8 of 11
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Complete the application online, then print and sign.

2. Include a signed check or money order for the desired amount of your Certificate of Deposit. Be sure it is made payable to Citibank® Secured Card and is between $200 and $5,000, in increments of $100. 

3. Mail your application, check or money order and readable copies of identification documents to .....

Message 9 of 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

Complete the application online, then print and sign.

2. Include a signed check or money order for the desired amount of your Certificate of Deposit. Be sure it is made payable to Citibank® Secured Card and is between $200 and $5,000, in increments of $100. 

3. Mail your application, check or money order and readable copies of identification documents to .....

Oh... I can't even complete the app online cause I think I have an old Adobe version which doesn't let me fill in the blanks, usually when I open a .PDF file I can see purple highlights to fill in the blanks. *sigh*

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.