Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Secured

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Citi Secured

They cashed my check.  Last time I applied for this I was still in my BK and they declined me for that.  I'm hoping this time I can get my foot back in the door with them... but either way done applying. also decided to just sit tight on my car refi and let some of these inq fall off and my scores up more.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Secured

They pulled EX yesterday... holding my breath!

Message 2 of 8
tray
Valued Contributor

Well I am rutting for you wish you the best of luck hope you get this card.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Couldn't wait anymore, called the application line which said it needed further processing and transferred me to what sounded like a call center outside the US... He placed me on hold for over 10 minutes and then... Transferred me again... then was informed it takes 2-3 weeks to process, check back late next week. sigh

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the first card I got and it did take quite a while for them to process the application but they did cash the check really quick. If you are good to this card i am told it will eventually unsecure however it doesn't just judge what your history is with them they judge you on your credit reports and they hard pull them again 18 months after you get the card and then once a year like clock work until they unsecure it. They do it without asking so I would keep that in mind in the future when you are watching inquiries when you go to app for something

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my rebuilding quest, a Citibank card and an Amex are the holy grails. Don't ask me why. Although I'd love a citibank secured card since they declined me for their Forward card, I'm starting to wonder what's the point of the Citibank secured card. Judging from the information above, there's no guarantee it will graduate to unsecured if your credit isn't good enough. What's more, in 18 months time you can easily have rebuilt your credit enough to apply for a Citibank card on your own accord. There's also the question of whether you had a citibank card closed on you in the past on bad terms or even borderline terms. if thats the case, you are definitely blacklisted. They automatically put restrictions on you whenever you apply for any card. That no fee secured Addison Ave Visa is looking better all the time. Even if it doesnt graduate, I'm sure a credit union will be more willing to work with me by that time with my new credit scores.
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I want citi because yes in 18 months I could probably have good enough credit for other cards, but are they going to be with the banks I want that are going to give CLI like Citi is known for.

I'm currently only building 2 cards, BestBuy MC which I would consider subprime and a Toyota Visa which I would consider prime but they put a block on my account for CLI for the first 12 months so rather be running all my money through a citi card or say a capital one card

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Declined.  That was the last thing that I applied for... just going to garden my BBMC and Toyota card now... no more apps until I get TU over 645 to refi my car!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.