Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Selling CC Portfolio to US Bank

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Citi Selling CC Portfolio to US Bank

Article at Reuters. Any opinions and are all our cards going to be effected?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Selling CC Portfolio to US Bank

Hmmmm.....can you say WAMU - CHASE.

Actually I have no idea....but as I recall US Bank is conservative compared to Citi.

Message 2 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Citigroup sells three credit card portfolios

It would help if they said which portfolios, wouldn't it? Are we certain that they were sold to US Bank? The name of the buyers were not disclosed.

Ahh, here's another post that indicates it is US Bank, and which cards:

Maria Aspan reports for American Banker this afternoon that Citi Holdings has sold $1.3 billion of managed card portfolios to US Bank. She reports that the portfolios were associated with KeyCorp, Associated Banc-Corp, and the affinity card portfolio for the American Dental Association. Earlier, Floyd Norris of the New York Times posted a commentary about Citi's earlier press release announcing the sale - calling it the " least informative announcement ." He said that "I can’t remember a deal announcement when a company said it had sold undisclosed assets to an undisclosed buyer for an...

Payments News dot com article

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 13
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

I hope US Bank doesn't ratejack their good customers because they are taking on $1.3 billion of managed card portfolios from Citi Holdings.
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 4 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Citigroup sells three credit card portfolios

It would help if they said which portfolios, wouldn't it? Are we certain that they were sold to US Bank? The name of the buyers were not disclosed.

Ahh, here's another post that indicates it is US Bank, and which cards:

Maria Aspan reports for American Banker this afternoon that Citi Holdings has sold $1.3 billion of managed card portfolios to US Bank. She reports that the portfolios were associated with KeyCorp, Associated Banc-Corp, and the affinity card portfolio for the American Dental Association. Earlier, Floyd Norris of the New York Times posted a commentary about Citi's earlier press release announcing the sale - calling it the " least informative announcement ." He said that "I can’t remember a deal announcement when a company said it had sold undisclosed assets to an undisclosed buyer for an...

Payments News dot com article

I don't think this is going to effect the holders of the regular Citi cards. (The ones offered thru their website.) Hopefully those moved over will be less marginal post transaction. Could be good for everybody, Too bad Chase didn't do this with a large chunk of the WaMu portfolio. Of course Chase got it for free, so why should they bother trying to make any money with the discards.

Message 5 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

KeyCorp = KeyBank

Associated Banc-Corp = A Wisconsin bank, HQ in Green Bay, WI

The affinity card portfolio for the American Dental Association = The reason why I avoid affinity cards.

Message 6 of 13
augustus80
Established Member

"I don't think this is going to effect the holders of the regular Citi cards. (The ones offered thru their website.)"

+1 

Message 7 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Do you think it is going to effect KeyBank Card? I have Key Bank business card. Hope it wont get effected. As it is Citi is closing down the HDMC Business card and I am loosing $10k Business Line. If they pull Key Bank Card then I would loose another $8700 Business Trade Line. I got a $5K CLI on Sams Business Discover card to make up half of $10K CL I am loosing with the HDMC.
Message 8 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
Do you think it is going to effect KeyBank Card? I have Key Bank business card. Hope it wont get effected. As it is Citi is closing down the HDMC Business card and I am loosing $10k Business Line. If they pull Key Bank Card then I would loose another $8700 Business Trade Line. I got a $5K CLI on Sams Business Discover card to make up half of $10K CL I am loosing with the HDMC.

It just might be all the KeyBank cards. You might want to call and ask somebody,at the KeyBank number tomorrow. It would be interesting to know what they have to say.
Message 9 of 13
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

I actually have an Associated Bank Account (not credit card).  Are you saying that US Bank just bought them?  If so, that makes all THREE of the banks I have accounts with non-existent since they have all been bought out by bigger banks. <sigh>
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.