Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Shenanigans

tag
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Shenanigans

Are you guys making electronic payments or mailing a check?  I've been making electronic payments for years now and haven't had any issues.

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 11 of 13
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

I pay my citi card from my citi checking account which is 100% instant. My balance and available credit are updated instantly.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 12 of 13
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Ol' Citi.

I spent about $811 of my $1,000 limit and went to pay it all before the statement cut. I've made payments about this size before, and every time I have to call in, because they will not credit it to my available credit for up to a week. Every time, i've been able to call in and get it resolved immediately. I have NEVER had a payment bounce, or missed a payment, or even paid the minimum payment (always pay 50%+). I made the $811 payment on monday, and it brought my balance to zero, but still no available credit. Called in, and they are holding it and not letting it go and will not work with me. Citi is now the newest tenant of the sock drawer apartment complex. Really citi? has anyone else experienced this? It doesnt make sense. I'm getting penalized for paying more.

its called a payment float, and what triggerd it is mostly likely the humungous amount of the payment(consider that it is 81% of your total credit line!)

im willing to bet this would not happen if you make multiple payments that are much smaller, 200-300 for example.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.