Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity 5% Statement Credit Promo

tag
missjae
Established Contributor

Citi Simplicity 5% Statement Credit Promo

Does anyone else who has the Citi Simplicity 5% statement credit promo?  I have two cards, but it's only available on one.  Unfortunately, I don't use the cards because of my crappy limits, but maybe I'll entertain the offer if I can remember.  Looks like their trying to compete with better cards out there.

Anyhow, Here is what I read when I logged into my account:

Earn a 5% statement credit per $1 spent at grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants and drugstores — even commuter transportation expenses, up to $25 in statement credits, through 09/30/13!* 

* This offer will be activated within 2 business days of when you enroll and will end on 09/30/13. Earnings associated with this program will equal 5% statement credit per $1 spent on eligible purchases and may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled. Total statement credits earned with this offer are subject to a maximum of $25. Eligible purchases exclude purchases made at discount stores, balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, items returned for credit, fees and interest charges. Grocery stores, including supermarkets are classified as merchants that provide a complete line of food merchandise for home consumption. This offer includes convenience stores which are classified as merchants who sell a limited variety of food items and warehouse clubs which are classified as merchants that sell a variety of merchandise in bulk, and may or may not have membership requirements. Gas stations are classified as merchants that primarily sell vehicle fuel for consumer use. Restaurants are classified as stand-alone dining merchants that prepare food and drinks for immediate consumption by consumers, either on the merchant's premises or packaged for carryout. Drugstores are classified as merchants that sell prescription and proprietary drugs and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines. Commuter transportation merchants are classified as merchants that provide mass passenger transportation including railways and buses, bridge and tunnel fees and temporary parking, but does not include the purchase of Amtrak tickets. All purchases must be posted during the promotional period. We do not determine how merchants are classified, however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant’s primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. 

In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another card product, you may no longer be eligible for this offer. You may receive more than one communication regarding this bonus offer with a reply-by-date mentioned within; however if you have already enrolled in this offer, no further action is required. This promotional offer is non-transferrable and applies to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer. 

If you have transferred a balance to this account or do so in the future, you may not be able to avoid interest on purchases, even if your promotional balance transfer has a 0% APR. You can avoid interest on purchases, if you pay your account balance in full by your due date each month.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity 5% Statement Credit Promo

Citi does a whole set of these offers, giving 5%, 5 TYP per $ etc, on many of its cards in all different special categories (I got "back to school", clothing, office supplies and something else on my Forward) all with a max of $25, 2,500 TYP etc.   The wording of yours is strange "spent at grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants and drugstores — even commuter transportation " as if commuter transportation was a sort of subset of one of the others.

But that's a good easy to use set, so if you don't have better cards, spend the $500 and get $25 back.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.