Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity BT from Spouse CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Simplicity BT from Spouse CC?

I'm planning on applying for Citi Simplicity CC when my secured card graduates and my score is >690, but our credit debt is only in my husband's CC right now. Would there be a way to transfer that other to my Citi card if/when I get this card? Just thinking ahead Smiley Happy

TIA!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity BT from Spouse CC?

I dont think you can bt from one lender cc to another cc from same lender but in case of Citi, one possibiliry is to have the amount you want to Bt directly deposited into your checking and then you can directly pay off your DH card.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok. His CC is with NFCU! I just wanted to make sure it was a possibility before Ieft the garden for it heh. Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah ok. His CC is with NFCU! I just wanted to make sure it was a possibility before Ieft the garden for it heh. Thanks!

You can definitely do a BT from NFCU to Citi with or without depositing BT checks.  Not sure how much you are looking to BT but Citi is not known for giving out high limits with the Simplicity or a few of their other cards.

Message 4 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I dont think you can bt from one lender cc to another cc from same lender but in case of Citi, one possibiliry is to have the amount you want to Bt directly deposited into your checking and then you can directly pay off your DH card.

+1

As long as your husband's card isn't a Citi card there is no problem transferring the balance to your new Simplicity card. 

When you do a BT they don't care about the name on the other account, but the other account has to be a different bank (I've yet to see a bank that would BT from another of their own accounts).

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok awesome. I think NFCU gave me grief trying to BT my Capital One balance to my husband's NFCU CC so I didn't know if that was across most creditors. I was hoping for $8k but that is being very optimistic lol. If/once I get approved, I'll have to crunch the numbers to see if the transfer fee is worth the savings on interest depending on the intro CL. Thanks for the help

Message 6 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Actually id try to app for the Diamond Pref vs the Simplicity... the issue with the Simplicity is you cant PC it into anything else later down the road.... while you can PC the Diamond to a DC or other Citi cards... and they have similar BT offers...   I'd go that route if you were going for Citi...

-J

Message 7 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@joltdude wrote:

Actually id try to app for the Diamond Pref vs the Simplicity... the issue with the Simplicity is you cant PC it into anything else later down the road.... while you can PC the Diamond to a DC or other Citi cards... and they have similar BT offers...   I'd go that route if you were going for Citi...

-J

+1

I didn't think about this before but it's a fantastic point (and is actually the reason I got the Diamond Preferred myself). Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info because I was considering Simplicity as my next Citi card. Diamond it is 😁

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.