cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity/Chase/Discover- EQ672, TU 668, EX 655

tag
prudence

Citi Simplicity/Chase/Discover- EQ672, TU 668, EX 655

I want to get a card with a high CL for BT, any chance with these credit scores that would be possible? If so, where would be the best option?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity/Chase/Discover- EQ672, TU 668, EX 655

Not sure where you got your experian score, but that is pretty marginal for all 3 of the ones you mention. I have applied for products from all 3 in the last 6 months and all pulled experian for me. That being said, chase freedom is probably your best shot at approval (although likely the lowest initial CL of the three). Ironically, you will probably have to pay off the balances on your current card(s) to boost your score and have a realistic shot at one of these cards. Which you then won't need because the balances have been paid off.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I think that most creditors go beyond your score and will dig into your credit report for approval or denial. What are the negatives on your reports now and what does your current credit profile look like ? Also where did you obtain your scores ? ~ they may not be FICO® scores.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
prudence

Both EQ and TU I got through myFICO, EX I got through their website. I have a BOA that had a 60 day late but it's at $0 now, otherwise no BK, no collections, AAoA 3y, utilization is 69%. My plan would be to get as much as I can onto one account with low interest and pay within the term. I can possibly use my husband to help piggyback if needed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.