Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity - Invitation

tag
Brandnick
New Contributor

Citi Simplicity - Invitation

Sorry for not posting in the last few months as I was gardening. However citi made me come out of gardening yesterday as I got an invitation in the mail

Offer was as follows

- 21 month 0% interest rate
- No late fee
- No annual fee
- After 21 months of 0% interest rate it goes to 11.99%

I took the deal and went online filled out information and got approved for $9000
Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity - Invitation

Nice! Congrats. Sweet interest rate offer. Now back to the garden. Smiley Happy
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 2 of 10
Brandnick
New Contributor

The only reason I app this card was that it had a low Apr 11.99% after 21 months. It offers nothing else no cash back no mileage nothing which is fine as my Discover and Amex I use for cash back and points.

The mistake I see a lot of ppl here make is not having the right mix of cards. Meaning if you have say 4-5 cards all cash back or points its a little more difficult to get the benefit from these cards because you spending your purchase across too many cards.

The right mix for me is 2 cards Amex and discover to get cash back and points so I can optimize on the benefits and the other cards for low or 0% interest rate

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 3 of 10
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Congrats. Have you seen the "Make Up Artist" commercial about this card? I like it Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'm thinking of getting this card this fall for a BT.  What are you other limits?

Message 5 of 10
londonhogfan
Contributor

wow! That's a great offer. I hope they send me one of those.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 6 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Agreed! I just got approved for one as well. Wanted to take advantage of the intro 0% AND to diversify wallet.
Message 7 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

21 months! Wow! That's gotta be a record! Robot surprised

Message 9 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@londonhogfan wrote:

wow! That's a great offer. I hope they send me one of those.

there used to be some links for that offer. Not sure if they're still up. you will have to search around different forums and sites.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.