Citi Simplicity Reevaluation

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Citi Simplicity Reevaluation

My scores are in my sig, 7 inqs on EX & EQ, 2 TU
AAoA 11 Months
3 new accounts in last 90 days
I was denied and the letter stated they pulled EQ and there was a collection either paid unpaid on my report. No other reason. So I pulled an updated CR from EQ and forwarded it the address on the letter to show the neg trade no longer there. (LVNV was just removed after that denial)

so.. do you think they will just come up with another reason to decline me? Should I have picked another Citi card? I currently have a Bofa, Barclay's, CapOne & Merrick as my major cards (highest CL $2K, lowest $500), and these are all around 1-2 years old. It's my store (GE & Comenity Bank cards) that are newest

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity Reevaluation

How recent are those inquiries? They could deny you because of that + new accounts.

Anyhow, they will most likely pull at least 1 new report during recon as well.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

AAoA 11 Months
I was denied and the letter stated they pulled EQ and there was a collection either paid unpaid on my report. No other reason. So I pulled an updated CR from EQ and forwarded it the address on the letter to show the neg trade no longer there. (LVNV was just removed after that denial)

so.. do you think they will just come up with another reason to decline me? Should I have picked another Citi card? I currently have a Bofa, Barclay's, CapOne & Merrick as my major cards (highest CL $2K, lowest $500), and these are all around 1-2 years old. It's my store (GE & Comenity Bank cards) that are newest

Probably will cost you a HP but I think you'll be approved

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

AAoA 11 Months

Well that's lame! Why do they ask for a new report from me if they are going to pull their own anyway Smiley Sad

@enharu wrote:
How recent are those inquiries? They could deny you because of that + new accounts.

Anyhow, they will most likely pull at least 1 new report during recon as well.

Most recent was 2 months ago, oldest 11 months

Crap, I thought the pre-approval thingy on their website was gonna be fun!

Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

I know citi recon sucks they get HP crazy

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

AAoA 11 Months

Well that's lame! Why do they ask for a new report from me if they are going to pull their own anyway Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Citi's recon process is quirky in its own way.

They make you submit your own CR, and they will still go ahead and pull 1-3 more reports at their whim. So worst case scenario you will be looking at 4 inquiries (1 for original app, 1 on each bureau for recon). 

It's really hard to tell what they are going to come up with this time because Citi been somewhat of a crapshoot for most people.

Best of luck with the recon process!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 8
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone for your replies, I will keep you posted!

STUPID PRE-APPROVAL TEASER!

Message 7 of 8
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Never heard another word (in writing) from Citi. They HP EQ again 7/10/13 so on 7/15/13 I called their automated # and was told too many inq. DUH you just added 2! Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.