Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity offer in mail?

tag
travisp33
Contributor

Citi Simplicity offer in mail?

Here's my situation:

Current on mortgage, second, boat loan all 7+ years old, late twice on boat never on 1st or 2nd. Multiple aged closed in good standing trade lines. High 5 figure balance in IRA.

11 year old discover card with 11k limit, maxed for a while now.

Lowes Consumer 2k limit, 1k balance.

Fighting in court with a charge off from old MBNA mastercard, it had an 11k balance on it - so it is double jeopardy one ding from the OC, and one from the CA/JDB.

MyFico Experian is 627. New budget is in place and working. Will be paying 500$ every 2 weeks on discover until work bonus in september which should let me pay it off -IF I GET ONE, not a guarentee.

I keep getting Citi Simplicty offers in the mail for the 0% on balance transfers for 18 months. I am wondering if I am some how pre-qualed/approved for this?

Should I bother applying for the Citi card now, or wait until the discover card is paid down some? Obviously the idea would be to move as much of the 11k off of discover with the 2X% rate.

Starting 6/13: Experian FAKOS are EX: 610 EQ: 602 TU: 582
Current 5/15: TU Fico: 724
NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity offer in mail?

Check creditkarma to see what type of scores citi is approving for the simplicity card. Citi may be cautious because of the maxed out discover and the late payment on the boat loan.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.