Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity

tag
MikeInCreditland
Established Member

Citi Simplicity

I recently applied for the Simplicity card; decision pending. The 0 APR for a year and a half was enticing and I don't really need my AT&T CIti card anymore since work pays my phone bill. 

Equifax: 751 So I'm thinking I should qualify. Anyone like this card? Applied for it?

August 19 2014: Experian FICO 730
Transunion FICO 767

August 4 2011: Equifax FICO 751

August 12 2009: Equifax FICO 713
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity

DH just got it with 10,200cl. Im AU but haven't really looked at it yet. When I got mine, it wasn't instant. They emailed me 2 days later with the approval and CL.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 2 of 5
dharalex
Established Contributor

I meant to say DH SC was 702. Mine was 699. So unless you have something real crazy on your CR, you should be golden.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 3 of 5
EC341
Established Member

I just got two offers from Simplicity this week, which is a first. The first offer was 0% for 18 months with 13.99% after that. The second one is 0% for 21 months and 16.99% after that. The latter also says "earn a $100.00 statement credit after qualifying purchases", first one doesn't. Both expire 11/30. I have the Citi Diamond and only got the intro offer for one year which ended this past August. The rate is now 19.99% so I expect to pay it off the end of this month. I like the offer of the first Citi Simplicity which I want to get in Nov after the 0 balance of the Diamond. I just find it odd that in one week I get two different options. Who knows what I will get by November.

Question, is it better to respond to this mailing, apply online or call for the best possible CL and Rate?

Message 4 of 5
v8eaterWRX
Contributor

I applied for this last week, did not get the instant approval. Received an email the following day with an approval but no CL. Received the approval in the mail today with a $11k starting CL, 0% for 18 mos, 12.9% rate after that on everything including cash advances. Not to bad to start, Citi just earned a lot of my business and I am going to stop using my non-CLI'ing Capital One rewards cards.

758 EQ, >5% utilization on $60k available credit

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.