Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity

tag
rbizzle
Contributor

Citi Simplicity

Back in November i got an invitation to apply for a citi simplicity card with the 0% for 21 months or whatever.  So i applied, didn't get an instant approval.  I got a letter in the mail about a week and a half later wanting me to fill out and sign the 4506T tax form or whatever it is.  So i figured hey i have nothing to hide i was honest on my application, i've already taken the hit so why not.  Well i sent it back and when i call the automated application status line, it says its still processing. 

Does anyone have any thougths on what might be going on? Chances of approval? Anything? Lol

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity

@rbizzle wrote:

Back in November i got an invitation to apply for a citi simplicity card with the 0% for 21 months or whatever.  So i applied, didn't get an instant approval.  I got a letter in the mail about a week and a half later wanting me to fill out and sign the 4506T tax form or whatever it is.  So i figured hey i have nothing to hide i was honest on my application, i've already taken the hit so why not.  Well i sent it back and when i call the automated application status line, it says its still processing. 

Does anyone have any thougths on what might be going on? Chances of approval? Anything? Lol

It's Citi?

If they still like what they see, they'll probably approve. It's hard to tell with Citi. Parent got a similar offer from them last Sept with an invite code, previous holder of 3 or 4 of their cards with between 7.5k and 17.5k years ago, perfect history and high score, 1600 instant mini limit.......  Not even going to bother asking for a CLI, kind of see them along the same line as Cap 1 now.

I will say, you could end up with a very nice (higher than you would expect) limit though, it's like spinning the CL wheel with them from what I've read and researched.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 9
rbizzle
Contributor

Hmmm i'm interested to see how this ends up.  If i got one of those over the top credit lines i would be surprised.  But i'm not holding my breath.  Like you said its Citi.  I guess only time will tell. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

It's Citi?

If they still like what they see, they'll probably approve. It's hard to tell with Citi. Parent got a similar offer from them last Sept with an invite code, previous holder of 3 or 4 of their cards with between 7.5k and 17.5k years ago, perfect history and high score, 1600 instant mini limit.......  Not even going to bother asking for a CLI, kind of see them along the same line as Cap 1 now.

I will say, you could end up with a very nice (higher than you would expect) limit though, it's like spinning the CL wheel with them from what I've read and researched.

Man your parents are old .

Sorry couldnt resist  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

It's Citi?

Man your parents are old .

Sorry couldnt resist  Smiley Happy

HEY! Anybody can leave out a "CL" or bit of info here or  there on occasion LOL  yeah, they're kinda old though.  Just not that old LOL.  Ya know though, they'd have to be  kind of old to have had 17.5k lines from Citi LOL  Smiley LOL  krap... I'm kinda old too.....  Smiley Indifferent 

I just can't edit that now, I got a laugh out of it. So much for posting well while multi-tasking!

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 9
rbizzle
Contributor

Just an update.....finally after 2 long months of waiting i got approved for the card with a 5k limit! and the 0% on purchases for 21 months!  Soo all that being said there is some hope for Citi after all!

Message 6 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@rbizzle wrote:

Just an update.....finally after 2 long months of waiting i got approved for the card with a 5k limit! and the 0% on purchases for 21 months!  Soo all that being said there is some hope for Citi after all!

Congrats !

2 months wait huh but it paid off with a good CL and 0% for 21 months

Message 7 of 9
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Big Congrats on the card and the CL rbizzle!  Smiley Happy   Sometimes Citi comes through. Sorry it took so long though.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  WOW... what a ridiculous amount of time to wait for an app to process.  I'm very happy it paid off for you!  Great starting CL too!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.