Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Sinplicity 21 month 0% BT Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Sinplicity 21 month 0% BT Offer

Just received an offer in the mail for 21 months at 0% with a 16.99% apr after that.

This is the longest BT at 0% I've seen.

Offer expires 6/15 so I may use it but I just wanted to let you guys know it exists, I thought before 18 months was the cap and that was a good one.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Sinplicity 21 month 0% BT Offer

Thanks for the heads up. Citicards.com website does have the Simplicity reflecting a 21 month intro balance transfer offer with the lowest ongoing APR (after the 21 months) available of 14.24%  

I would recommend the Citi Diamond Preferred card; however for two reasons: 1) it too offers the 21 month 0% balance transfer option and it offers a slightly lower ongoing APR at 13.24% and 2) the main reason, is that Simplicity cannot be PC'ed to a more valuable card after the 21 month balance transfer; but Diamond Preferred can. 

Message 2 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Simplicity 21 month 0% BT Offer

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. Citicards.com website does have the Simplicity reflecting a 21 month intro balance transfer offer with the lowest ongoing APR (after the 21 months) available of 14.24%  

I would recommend the Citi Diamond Preferred card; however for two reasons: 1) it too offers the 21 month 0% balance transfer option and it offers a slightly lower ongoing APR at 13.24% and 2) the main reason, is that Simplicity cannot be PC'ed to a more valuable card after the 21 month balance transfer; but Diamond Preferred can. 

+1

That's actually why I chose to go with the Diamond Preferred myself... I'm just now half-way through my 21 months, and I already have my eye on a PC to a DoubleCash.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the diamond Preferred have any rewards or just the BT function/benefit?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the simplicity card and I have no complaints. I applied for it specifically because of the long intro 0% apr. I don't use it for purchases. Also if you do get it read the terms. Mine state that balance transfers must post to the account 4 months from the open date in order to qualify for the 0% apr.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does the diamond Preferred have any rewards or just the BT function/benefit?

It's only good for BT's. I had one and closed it. Usually approve childish credit lines.

Message 6 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

^ This all the way 100%

The CDP was my first Citicard that after 1 year transferred into Double Cash on a PC.

Simplicity is hard-coded as a solitary card with no chance for PC later.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I read that in the disclosure. For purchases though there's no limit on time right?
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Simplicity. It gave me the lowest APR@ 13.74. I used it to pay my taxes, So it came in handy. It was also my understanding that the balance transfer had to be done by 5/17 but all purchases would be 0% for the duration of the 21 months also. Atleast thats how my Wifes DC works. She has 0 APR on her for purchases until October of this year. She had 18 months on that promo, we purchased a new couch and did't pay and intrest while we paid it off. 

Message 9 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity 21 month 0% BT Offer

FWIW, Just checked their PreQual Page and they are showing this one and the CDP for me with a 21 month Promo then 13.74% APR too.

I really do want that CDP again and was already planning to merge the Aadvantage limit into the DC after next month but this might just do even better.

Issue is i am gardening and EQUIFAX is always a bummer number compared to the other two.

Thanks OP for the Topic. Gives this member something to chew on for awhile.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.