Did you mean: 

Citi Soft Pull CLI's

tag
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Soft Pull CLI's

Welp, +1200 CLI.

Any more and it will be a HP.

Cannot ask for extension until current promoton expires.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 11 of 31
phonic
Contributor

How are you all getting the SP option/verbiage? I just went to the request CLI link on my Dividend World card and got:

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours."

Since I have a $12.5k CL right now and only use the card about once a year for a token purchase, I wouldn't want to pull the trigger if it would result in either a HP or a manual review.

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 12 of 31
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

It's usually 6 months from the date of your last CLI. My last one was 8/20/2013. Around that time, it will say what I quoted in the OP.

@phonic wrote:

How are you all getting the SP option/verbiage? I just went to the request CLI link on my Dividend World card and got:

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours."

Since I have a $12.5k CL right now and only use the card about once a year for a token purchase, I wouldn't want to pull the trigger if it would result in either a HP or a manual review.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 13 of 31
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

It's usually 6 months from the date of your last CLI. My last one was 8/20/2013. Around that time, it will say what I quoted in the OP.

@phonic wrote:

I haven't had a Citi CLI in 4 years. I was denied a CLI because they used a two month old SP report (which had high UTIL at the time stated as it's denial reason).  Now i cannot request another CLI unless it's a HP Smiley Sad 

I hope that verbage becomes a SP again sometime next month. We'll see...

Message 14 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Interesting.  I have the verbiage and my last CLI was Jan 3rd. 

Message 15 of 31
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Verbiage or not, you will automatically be declined because there needs to be 6 months in between credit limit changes. 

Message 16 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Shock_ wrote:

Verbiage or not, you will automatically be declined because there needs to be 6 months in between credit limit changes. 

True.

Message 17 of 31
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

True.

Double True Smiley Wink  With Citi, just wait six months between cli's otherwise it will be an auto denial.  FWIW, I've always had better luck with the size of the cli by calling in rather than the luv button.  I actually had them counter one time with an amount 35% higher than was what I requested!!

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 18 of 31
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@phonic wrote:

"I you unt's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking "Continue"derstand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours."

This is also what I get on my Citi AA and my interpretation to this wording is HP.  As I do not need or want a CLI I did not proceed but was just curious to see what it would show me..I will keep looking at that phrase every once in a while to see if it will ever change but do not need any more credit on that card.

Message 19 of 31
39Xelor
Established Member

I want to press the luv button on Citi so bad, especially since mine gives me the SP response, but im concerned if I do I wont be able to obtain another card by Citi (DTI). I Realllllly want the Citi Hilton HHonors card! My fiance has it and im super jelly haha Smiley Happy Its a visa siggy too so then i'll have two signatures in my bag O' tricks haha

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.