Citi Soft Pull CLI's

tag
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Soft Pull CLI's

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

Verbiage or not, you will automatically be declined because there needs to be 6 months in between credit limit changes. 

True.

Double True Smiley Wink  With Citi, just wait six months between cli's otherwise it will be an auto denial.  FWIW, I've always had better luck with the size of the cli by calling in rather than the luv button.  I actually had them counter one time with an amount 35% higher than was what I requested!!

it's a soft pull. There isn't an option to put in the desired CLI amount. Only annual income, rent etc. What are they countering?

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 21 of 31
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@39Xelor wrote:

I want to press the luv button on Citi so bad, especially since mine gives me the SP response, but im concerned if I do I wont be able to obtain another card by Citi (DTI). I Realllllly want the Citi Hilton HHonors card! My fiance has it and im super jelly haha Smiley Happy Its a visa siggy too so then i'll have two signatures in my bag O' tricks haha

Hmmm..I want the Citi AAdvantage, but I realized that United flights are cheaper than American lol so I probably wont be using it for flights much. Both cards are 2x back on their respective airlines, but why do that when a Barclays Arrival or even Cap1 Venture will give you 2x back on ANY airline, not to mention everything else? I don't like being bound by one airline..

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 22 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock_ wrote:

@39Xelor wrote:

I want to press the luv button on Citi so bad, especially since mine gives me the SP response, but im concerned if I do I wont be able to obtain another card by Citi (DTI). I Realllllly want the Citi Hilton HHonors card! My fiance has it and im super jelly haha Smiley Happy Its a visa siggy too so then i'll have two signatures in my bag O' tricks haha

Hmmm..I want the Citi AAdvantage, but I realized that United flights are cheaper than American lol so I probably wont be using it for flights much. Both cards are 2x back on their respective airlines, but why do that when a Barclays Arrival or even Cap1 Venture will give you 2x back on ANY airline, not to mention everything else? I don't like being bound by one airline..

Airfare changes are made in nano-seconds, so United may be cheaper now, but American may be cheaper in 7 minutes - airfare is very cyclical and with the highly advanced inventory models airlines use I wouldn't place any bets on who is going to be cheapest tomorrow. 

Loyalty to 1 or 2 air carrier is where the AF on those AAdvantage, UA Explorer, etc... start to pay off - especially if you want the option to check a bag.

Message 23 of 31
w003ptr
Contributor

Sad.. I have 3 cards with Citi and the one I want a CLI on is the only one that has the HP verbage.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 24 of 31
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

Verbiage or not, you will automatically be declined because there needs to be 6 months in between credit limit changes. 

True.

Double True Smiley Wink  With Citi, just wait six months between cli's otherwise it will be an auto denial.  FWIW, I've always had better luck with the size of the cli by calling in rather than the luv button.  I actually had them counter one time with an amount 35% higher than was what I requested!!

it's a soft pull. There isn't an option to put in the desired CLI amount. Only annual income, rent etc. What are they countering?

@Shock I mentioned I've had better luck with the size of the cli by calling it in, I've never had them ask income, mortgage, rent or anything on the phone. Just call it in, talk to a person, you might be surprised by the result, has never failed for me.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 25 of 31
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

@shock I mentioned I've had better luck with the size of the cli by calling it in, I've never had them ask income, mortgage, rent or anything on the phone. Just call it in, talk to a person, you might be surprised by the result, has never failed for me.

Hmmmm...i dont see a situation where you ask for a CLI on the phone and they dont even ask you for income, rent/mortgage payment

Message 26 of 31
39Xelor
Established Member

@Shock_ wrote:

@39Xelor wrote:

True, but I would go with Cap One over Barclays (My opinion) because Barclays is entirely too quick to pull a CLD or close the account out all together if they become a little spooked!

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 27 of 31
Trivolve
Contributor

Six months between CLI - does this apply when CLI is denied also? I got denied in January when my last approved CLI was June'13. Does that mean I'll be waiting till July for the next CLI request?
[Total CL: $97K] Citi Forward, BoA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Hyatt, AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX Hilton Hhonors, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thankyou Preferred, Barclaycard Arrival Plus, AMEX Platinum, Chase IHG
Message 28 of 31
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Trivolve wrote:
Six months between CLI - does this apply when CLI is denied also? I got denied in January when my last approved CLI was June'13. Does that mean I'll be waiting till July for the next CLI request?

I have the same question. Hopefully someone knows...

Message 29 of 31
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

@Trivolve wrote:

I have the same question. Hopefully someone knows...

Bump...?

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.