Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Surprise

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Citi Surprise

So, recently I got a CLI from citi from 3k to 4.5k a few weeks ago. Then, I decided to add a emv chip to my card last week. So I gave them a call and the replacement card got here today and everything looks good until I saw that my card has visa signature written on it. Did my card got convert after the CLI? I thought visa siggy was minimum of 5k credit limit.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi Surprise

@CredittotheMax wrote:

So, recently I got a CLI from citi from 3k to 4.5k a few weeks ago. Then, I decided to add a emv chip to my card last week. So I gave them a call and the replacement card got here today and everything looks good until I saw that my card has visa signature written on it. Did my card got convert after the CLI? I thought visa siggy was minimum of 5k credit limit.

Signature limits are much more flexible than they were in the past.  Most banks will now give sig cards at  levels quite a bit below $5K.  We've seen WEMC ("above" VIsa Sig in the MC world) for less than $1K.  

So your card is a real Visa Sig!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am jealous! Have a Citi Forward Visa with a $7,400 CL with no Siggy! Help.

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CredittotheMax wrote:

Citi can issue some products (even as low as $2K) into WMC or Siggys.

Message 4 of 6
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

So why did my got converted? I didn't ask for it or anything or could it be the emv chip?

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Citi Forward Visa has an EMV Chip with the right CL and no siggy.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.