Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi TY Preferred - Siggy?

tag
Yankeefan
Valued Member

Citi TY Preferred - Siggy?

I applied for and received a Citi TY Preferred during my mini spree.  It is my first Prime card. While my limit is $6.5k, the documentation states NPSL.  As far as I can tell this is not a signature card, which I would prefer. Is the NPSL a feature of the TY card, or do I have a Siggy? Any thoughts? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonDawg
Contributor

Re: Citi TY Preferred - Siggy?

@Yankeefan wrote:

I applied for and received a Citi TY Preferred during my mini spree.  It is my first Prime card. While my limit is $6.5k, the documentation states NPSL.  As far as I can tell this is not a signature card, which I would prefer. Is the NPSL a feature of the TY card, or do I have a Siggy? Any thoughts? 

You could always call Citi and ask.  But your card should have come with a list of benefits.  Compare your benefits to the ones found on the Visa Signature website.. http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/index.jsp?gclid=COXLm9Wn37MCFSXZQgod50EApw

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 2 of 7
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Typically, Visa Signature cards can be and often are NPSL. Sometimes they won't even report your actual limit as your limit on your credit report, like AMEX has been known to do! So though you DO have a credit card limit, you can go above this limit at will and with the leniency of the credit card company!

Message 3 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I got a $5,000 limit. Mine is not a signature card, but they still offer concierge and NPSL. Not sure why they just don't make it a siggy card, they would get higher interchange fee's.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 7
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

TY preferred is not a signature. You need TY premier for that

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 5 of 7
mokong
Regular Contributor

i had ty preferred world mastercard opened last yr (one yr today) with a limit of 7,900.

Message 6 of 7
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I received the World Mastercard version too.  Are there any differences between the two card?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.