Did you mean: 

Citi TY Premier Product Change?

tag
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi TY Premier Product Change?

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

Your situation is unique I think. Your premier was product changed from ATT Access which opened in July 2015. Do they have the same card number? If so, then it might be likely that you are safe to open a Citi Prestige in Aug 2017. This is because Citi might think your Premier's open date is actually July 2015, not July 2016. You probably should have product changed ATT Access to a no annual fee card and should have applied for Premier with its bonus...

However, to be safe, I suggest you keep Premier at this time. So far, there's no good data points to show that product changing will or will not reset the 24 month clock with Citi. Since you had Citi Premier in July 2016, the safest way is to not close or product change your card until after you are approved and have received the bonus for Citi Prestige in Aug 2018.

Thank you.. Well when I product changed from ATT access more to Premier, card number did change and that is what bothering me.. I see your point of keeping Premier as is because if I do change card number might change again and it will reset my 24 month window because I closed a TY card.. but does it really matter because I never received a bonus on my Premier? Moreover can I keep my Premier as is and apply Premier again next year means having 2 Premiers at once in my wallet?

It's hard to answer your first question since we need more datapoints on how Citi views "new account."

As for your second question, yes, you can have another Premier while keeping the old Premier open.

Conservatively, I believe that this is what Citi views your cards right now:

ATT Access more - open date July 2015

Citi Premier - open date July 2016

So, you can apply and get another bonus in Aug 2018 from either another Citi premier or Prestige (you can only choose one...)

My personal experiece:

Got Prestige in Dec 2014

Got old Premier in June 2015

I just got approved for another Premier in July 2017. Bonus from new Premier awarded in Aug 2017 and then I product changed old Premier into Double Cash.

So, I know my next round of TY family application is Sept 2019.

Message 11 of 12
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi TY Premier Product Change?

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

You don't need a no foreign transaction fee MasterCard in your wallet.  I travel to Europe twice a year, and I don't have any MasterCards in my wallet.  Visa is all you need in Europe.  Unless you are spending huge sums of money, the difference in the conversion rates is not significant.

Well, I generally have couple of short Europe trips and a month+ long Asia trip every year.. I do not spend much while in Europe but it sums up heavily when in Asia.. I may change my Premier to something else but not sure if I do so, it will prevent me for getting a Prestige bonus next year?

The difference in the conversion rates varies from currency to currency and from day to day, but overall it is about 0.1%.  My Europe trips usually cost about $5,000 each, so if I had used a MasterCard instead of a Visa, I would have saved a total of $5.00.  Not worth the trouble.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.