Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi TY Premier >> Prestige

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi TY Premier >> Prestige

@FinStar wrote:
Prestige AF for me has been $250, especially after opening CitiGold several years ago. I believe mine will be converted to Priority any moment now. IIRC, the transition started around November CitiGold > Priority.

The card is a no brainer, although outside of Jet Blue, I don't see a huge benefit in the way of transfer partners. Citi lost Hilton (but the value wasn't great anyways), and they don't have Delta (so no Skyteam) point transfers. There's also no AAdvantage transfer partner, nor is there a 1.66 cpp redemption value. 

The best way for me to redeem points on the Prestige will to be at 1.25 cpp through the portal with point travel quite honestly. The card, however, will be used for the benefits and not the points, so perhaps I could just stick with AMEX, except when purchasing trips and items that need the ultimate protection against merchant corruption.  

Message 11 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
Prestige AF for me has been $250, especially after opening CitiGold several years ago. I believe mine will be converted to Priority any moment now. IIRC, the transition started around November CitiGold > Priority.

The card is a no brainer, although outside of Jet Blue, I don't see a huge benefit in the way of transfer partners. Citi lost Hilton (but the value wasn't great anyways), and they don't have Delta (so no Skyteam) point transfers. There's also no AAdvantage transfer partner, nor is there a 1.66 cpp redemption value. 

The best way for me to redeem points on the Prestige will to be at 1.25 cpp through the portal with point travel quite honestly. The card, however, will be used for the benefits and not the points, so perhaps I could just stick with AMEX, except when purchasing trips and items that need the ultimate protection against merchant corruption.  

Strictly speaking, there are options.

Flying Blue is Skyteam and not hard to use for partner awards. So is Garuda, but I know very little about that program.

Asia Miles, Malaysia, Qantas, and Qatar are all in oneworld (like AA). I'm not sure how hard it is to book an AA flight with them.

Whether you'll have enough points to book a trip...and whether you want to learn how to book partner awards with them...are other matters. I'm about at my limit as to the number of programs I'm willing to use.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a Flying Blue tonight but don’t know how to use FB points for Delta flights. PM me. 

Message 13 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I made a Flying Blue tonight but don’t know how to use FB points for Delta flights. PM me. 

Delta-operated awards appear in a general FB award search. That said, there may not be award availability (at any price) for some flights.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's amazing how I can read an article talking about using FB points through Delta for Carribean flights, but can't take a flight from NY JFK to anywhere in the Carribean with either FB or Delta though FB??  Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's amazing how I can read an article talking about using FB points through Delta for Carribean flights, but can't take a flight from NY JFK to anywhere in the Carribean with either FB or Delta though FB??  Smiley Frustrated

You're looking correctly, but there may be no availability on those dates. I just searched for two dates in June and saw awards for JFK to AUA, STI, and SJU. The fourth one I checked, NAS, did not have availability.

Message 16 of 18
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Which Caribbean destination(s) were you searching for from JFK?

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Which Caribbean destination(s) were you searching for from JFK?

Anywhere, but mostly Nassau. I've applied for my passport recently and would like to use it. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.