Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi TYP

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Citi TYP

How many folks are keeping their Citi TYP card when the 5x promo ends?  Will you cancel it?  Convert it?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi TYP

Just gonna keep it as is until the 0% promo runs out, and then probably gonna close it.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I received the offer for it way back in October/November 2012, so it's long since expired for me. I moved away most of the limit and now it's a dormant 3500 Preferred card. I was thinking of converting it into a Dividend, since I have another Preferred, but I'm lazy lol.

Message 3 of 7
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I received the offer for it way back in October/November 2012, so it's long since expired for me. I moved away most of the limit and now it's a dormant 3500 Preferred card. I was thinking of converting it into a Dividend, since I have another Preferred, but I'm lazy lol.

I'm thinking about converting it to a Dividend as well since I still have the Forward.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 4 of 7
Shock
Established Contributor

So apparently Chase moves credit lines around with no questions asked. Is Citi the same way? My CDP is basically dormant too. Wanted to PC but none of the cards seem too enticing.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 5 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

I'm thinking about converting it to a Dividend as well since I still have the Forward.

I changed the Premier into the Forward, so the Divend is the only one that actually would be of any use. Citi doesn't offer much, in my opinion.

@Shock wrote:

So apparently Chase moves credit lines around with no questions asked. Is Citi the same way? My CDP is basically dormant too. Wanted to PC but none of the cards seem too enticing.

When I applied for a new card, the analyst was able to move credit to the new card from old cards to increase what I was approved for. I also had lines swapped sometime last year. However, with the line swap, they told me that they have to pull a credit report to do it, but since I just got an increase, they didn't have to. If you contact customer service, they should be able to do the request and you could ask to speak with a credit analyst.

Message 6 of 7
PNut08
New Contributor

Does anyone know if they would move the CL to a best buy card? I've been trying to figure out what to do with my TYP. Other than best buy, I can't imagine I would use any other Citi offerings.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.