Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi TYPremier PC to Double Cash

tag
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Citi TYPremier PC to Double Cash

Well, my one year anniversary was yesterday. So I called Citi to PC my TY Premier to the Double Cash. It was pretty seamless and straightforward. The account has already been converted online. Should be getting by card in 7-10 business days. I used to hear people on this forum say it can take up to 45 days. I am glad this was not the case for me.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi TYPremier PC to Double Cash

@jawbrkr wrote:

Well, my one year anniversary was yesterday. So I called Citi to PC my TY Premier to the Double Cash. It was pretty seamless and straightforward. The account has already been converted online. Should be getting by card in 7-10 business days. I used to hear people on this forum say it can take up to 45 days. I am glad mine this was not the case for me.

Umm... actually it's receiving the card in 7-10 business days. However, if you ask more detail, they will tell you that the full conversion (whatever it means LOL) takes 45 days. 

They generally say that you can start using the new card once you receive it but I just dont understand why they made it so complicated.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on the credit card terms and conditions your product change may kick into where the terms are enough different that the 45 day rule is applied. Citi used to make you wait the entire 45 days before the product change now they do it giving you the option to convert back to your original product. Other card companies do it to but seem to make it less transparent. It is some kind of credit card act (too many things for me to remember exactly where but it has been around for a few years).

Message 3 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Depending on the credit card terms and conditions your product change may kick into where the terms are enough different that the 45 day rule is applied. Citi used to make you wait the entire 45 days before the product change now they do it giving you the option to convert back to your original product. Other card companies do it to but seem to make it less transparent. It is some kind of credit card act (too many things for me to remember exactly where but it has been around for a few years).

+1 I remember going through this with a card before. Don't remember which one though. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 6
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

My conversion is complete and it took less than 2 weeks. Certain things (links and pages) would show up and dissappear a day at a time when I would look at my online account. I still have about 60 days from the date I made the switch to roll it all back if I am not satisfied. I received my new card today too. But for now the conversion is done.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 5 of 6
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@jawbrkr wrote:

My conversion is complete and it took less than 2 weeks. Certain things (links and pages) would show up and dissappear a day at a time when I would look at my online account. I still have about 60 days from the date I made the switch to roll it all back if I am not satisfied. I received my new card today too. But for now the conversion is done.

I wonder if there's anything new Citi did. 

Months ago, I converted Citi AA to Dividened. It took weeks for the online icon to change. After that, I then received the card in a week or so. Totally it took about 1-2 months or so. 

I just recently converted Citi ATT Access to Costco. It took 1 day for the online icone to change. I will assume that I can receive card in about one week. 

Maybe they increased the speed of card conversion/product changing? If this is true, then it's a good news indeed. The countless posibility of product changing has always been Citi's strong suit! I am not sure why people want to cancle a card with them unless they have like more than 4-5 Citi cards. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.