Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank You Prefered CC

tag
poops
Contributor

Citi Thank You Prefered CC

I received an email invitation (with invitation number) from Citi to apply for the card. Really attractive thing about the offer was the 0% BT for 21 months. I could really take advantage of that. I already have another Citi card with an $18K CL...

Does anyone know anything about this card? Prime or rebuilder card?

My stats - FICO EQ - 691; FICO TU - 728; EX PLUS - 741. I'm at 35% utilization on all CC's. I have one judgment on EQ that's due to fall off on Feb. 2012. And, I have one 30 day late from Oct 2010. What are my chances for approval? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC

Thank you Preferred with 0% BT for almost 2 years... Sounds like a rebuilder to me!

Message 2 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I was going to try to give you what insight I could but had to actually look at the Citi card in my wallet... It's not a Thank You Preferred, it's a Platinum Select but with the same 21 months 0% you mentioned. It was a snail mail offer with a code, we thought it looked like a good offer (not with a 1600 CLSmiley Frustrated). I wonder if it's the same card just with a different name, this one's a Master Card. Oh, it's also the lowest limit card held by the primary account holder (for as long as I can remember) who at the time of app had a 720ish score, 30% util, and never a "baddie" (still the same) with AAoA of 7 years.

[EDIT]: Have to add, have had Citi cards in the past, never with such a low limit, will not be responding to their offers again, was a waste of an INQ and worthless drop in AAoA due to new account. Kind of feel misled by them frankly.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 10
poops
Contributor

I also received another offer from Citi for their Citi Gold AAdvantage Signature Visa card. I am a member of American Airlines AAdvantage program... It offered the same BT offer plus 50K bonus miles. Very tempting to apply.

Just don't want to waste the inquiry on a potentially subpar CL. Plus, I don't want the inquiry to affect my home refinance next Spring...

Message 4 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

My current opinion of Citi is they're going high grade sub-prime lately. LOTS of offers going out for high limit business cards (tied to you personally, you know what THAT means) and low approved credit lines for consumer accounts. Like they're trying to position themselves to be the "upgrade of Capital One".  I actually prefer Capital One, at least you know what to expect from them.

You can probably guess what we're likely going to do with  this one on the 20th month of the promo offer.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@poops wrote:

I also received another offer from Citi for their Citi Gold AAdvantage Signature Visa card. I am a member of American Airlines AAdvantage program... It offered the same BT offer plus 50K bonus miles. Very tempting to apply.

Just don't want to waste the inquiry on a potentially subpar CL. Plus, I don't want the inquiry to affect my home refinance next Spring...

In that case I would highly recommend you skip it unless you really (and I mean really) need it.  Just my 2cents.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 6 of 10
poops
Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@poops wrote:

In that case I would highly recommend you skip it unless you really (and I mean really) need it.  Just my 2cents.

I  completely agree... I think I will skip it. I do not need the credit.

Message 7 of 10
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

TY Preferred and TY Premiere are not rebuilders. Citi has aggressive BT offers on almost all their cards right now. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 8 of 10
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

My current opinion of Citi is they're going high grade sub-prime lately. LOTS of offers going out for high limit business cards (tied to you personally, you know what THAT means) and low approved credit lines for consumer accounts. Like they're trying to position themselves to be the "upgrade of Capital One".  I actually prefer Capital One, at least you know what to expect from them.

You can probably guess what we're likely going to do with  this one on the 20th month of the promo offer.

+1

Message 9 of 10
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I broke down and took them up on a mail offer not long ago for the Diamond Preferred.

21 months zero interest on purchases and transfers.

Initial credit line of 11,000
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.