Reply
Contributor
poops
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎04-11-2007

Citi Thank You Prefered CC

I received an email invitation (with invitation number) from Citi to apply for the card. Really attractive thing about the offer was the 0% BT for 21 months. I could really take advantage of that. I already have another Citi card with an $18K CL...

 

Does anyone know anything about this card? Prime or rebuilder card?

 

My stats - FICO EQ - 691; FICO TU - 728; EX PLUS - 741. I'm at 35% utilization on all CC's. I have one judgment on EQ that's due to fall off on Feb. 2012. And, I have one 30 day late from Oct 2010. What are my chances for approval? 

Regular Contributor
shaddix
Posts: 149
Registered: ‎10-28-2011

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC

Thank you Preferred with 0% BT for almost 2 years... Sounds like a rebuilder to me!

Valued Contributor
RyVision
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC

[ Edited ]

I was going to try to give you what insight I could but had to actually look at the Citi card in my wallet... It's not a Thank You Preferred, it's a Platinum Select but with the same 21 months 0% you mentioned. It was a snail mail offer with a code, we thought it looked like a good offer (not with a 1600 CL:smileyfrustrated:). I wonder if it's the same card just with a different name, this one's a Master Card. Oh, it's also the lowest limit card held by the primary account holder (for as long as I can remember) who at the time of app had a 720ish score, 30% util, and never a "baddie" (still the same) with AAoA of 7 years.

 

[EDIT]: Have to add, have had Citi cards in the past, never with such a low limit, will not be responding to their offers again, was a waste of an INQ and worthless drop in AAoA due to new account. Kind of feel misled by them frankly.

Contributor
poops
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎04-11-2007

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC

I also received another offer from Citi for their Citi Gold AAdvantage Signature Visa card. I am a member of American Airlines AAdvantage program... It offered the same BT offer plus 50K bonus miles. Very tempting to apply.

 

Just don't want to waste the inquiry on a potentially subpar CL. Plus, I don't want the inquiry to affect my home refinance next Spring...

Valued Contributor
RyVision
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC

My current opinion of Citi is they're going high grade sub-prime lately. LOTS of offers going out for high limit business cards (tied to you personally, you know what THAT means) and low approved credit lines for consumer accounts. Like they're trying to position themselves to be the "upgrade of Capital One".  I actually prefer Capital One, at least you know what to expect from them.

 

You can probably guess what we're likely going to do with  this one on the 20th month of the promo offer.

Valued Contributor
RyVision
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC


poops wrote:

I also received another offer from Citi for their Citi Gold AAdvantage Signature Visa card. I am a member of American Airlines AAdvantage program... It offered the same BT offer plus 50K bonus miles. Very tempting to apply.

 

Just don't want to waste the inquiry on a potentially subpar CL. Plus, I don't want the inquiry to affect my home refinance next Spring...



In that case I would highly recommend you skip it unless you really (and I mean really) need it.  Just my 2cents.

Contributor
poops
Posts: 76
Registered: ‎04-11-2007

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC


RyVision wrote:

poops wrote:

I also received another offer from Citi for their Citi Gold AAdvantage Signature Visa card. I am a member of American Airlines AAdvantage program... It offered the same BT offer plus 50K bonus miles. Very tempting to apply.

 

Just don't want to waste the inquiry on a potentially subpar CL. Plus, I don't want the inquiry to affect my home refinance next Spring...



In that case I would highly recommend you skip it unless you really (and I mean really) need it.  Just my 2cents.


I  completely agree... I think I will skip it. I do not need the credit.

Frequent Contributor
ArisGreek
Posts: 477
Registered: ‎09-24-2010

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC

TY Preferred and TY Premiere are not rebuilders. Citi has aggressive BT offers on almost all their cards right now. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Valued Contributor
tntexans72
Posts: 1,071
Registered: ‎04-24-2008

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC


RyVision wrote:

My current opinion of Citi is they're going high grade sub-prime lately. LOTS of offers going out for high limit business cards (tied to you personally, you know what THAT means) and low approved credit lines for consumer accounts. Like they're trying to position themselves to be the "upgrade of Capital One".  I actually prefer Capital One, at least you know what to expect from them.

 

You can probably guess what we're likely going to do with  this one on the 20th month of the promo offer.



 

+1

 

 

Frequent Contributor
Chris123nTx
Posts: 479
Registered: ‎05-11-2007

Re: Citi Thank You Prefered CC

I broke down and took them up on a mail offer not long ago for the Diamond Preferred.

21 months zero interest on purchases and transfers.

Initial credit line of 11,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+