Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank You Preferred CC

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Thank You Preferred CC

Call recon again. You may have better luck with different people.

Message 11 of 21
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

That's just wrong and Yes I would call again...But congrats on the Great scores. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding program rule for Fidelity amex,

Establishing, maintaining or funding an account with (or any other relationship with) Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC or any affiliate of Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC (collectively, "Fidelity" or "Fidelity Investments") is not required to obtain a Card or to be eligible to use Points to obtain any of the rewards offered under the Program other than the Fidelity Rewards (as further described and defined herein). Because eligibility requirements for obtaining a Card and opening a Fidelity account may differ, neither FIA Card Services, N.A. nor Fidelity can provide you any assurance that you will be able to establish a Fidelity account to receive Fidelity rewards

another quote from program rule,

Cash Rewards

Cash Rewards are different from Fidelity rewards. Cash rewards may be made at a lower redemption rate than Fidelity rewards. If you have a Fidelity account please refer to the Fidelity rewards section if you are interested in learning how to redeem points for deposits into that account.

Redeem Points for a variety of cash rewards either at the Site or by telephoning us.

A cash reward shall be issued in the form of a check for a predetermined U.S. dollar sum in the form of a check or an electronic deposit to a checking or savings account of your choice.

But is it really lower than Fidelity awards?

Currently available cash rewards and their respective Point requirements are:

2,500 Points = $12.50 Cash Reward ---> 1%

5,000 Points = $25 Cash Reward     

7,500 Points = $37.50 Cash Reward

10,000 Points = $80 Cash Reward    --->  1.6%

15,000 Points = $120 Cash Reward

20,000 Points = $160 Cash Reward

25,000 Points = $250 Cash Reward  ---> 2% Redemption rate start from here at $12,500

35,000 Points = $350 Cash Reward

50,000 Points = $500 Cash Reward

Just don't redeem it until you get at least 25,000 points.

Message 13 of 21
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Hmm.... I guess you are right about that. Except,

Unless you are a big spender, you won't reach 25000 points that fast AND,

Points expire after 5 years.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best return on each category:

Grocery: Blue Cash Preferred 6%

Department Store: BlueCash Preferred 3%

Restaurants:  Citi Forward 3.3%

Gas: Penfed 5%

Chase Freedom+Discover More to get 5% on many rotating categories as possible

Fidelity Amex: 2% on any categories not mentioned above

Maybe another card to get better travel rewards than 2% Fid Amex?

Basically, these 6 cards would seal the deal for me.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

spend 12500$ in 4 years( 260$/month)  wouldn't be too hard just don't forget to redeem it at that point. Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a second recon and guess what????

APPROVED!!!! I guess the first guy I talked to either did not feel like going thru the hassle, or just did not know what to do.

I called back and got this very sweet woman, told her the situation, she asked if she could put me on hold for like 2-3 minutes, I said sure, she came back and said I was able to get you approved after talking with her supervisor. She cared about me as a potential customer and went the extra step, and got me approved.

I have to thank the two of you (trumpet-205 and Social Mark) who told me to call back because, I believed what the first guy told me "There was nothing that could be done and nothing he could do" so THANK you guys for that!!!!!

I was given a 2000CL, smaller than I had hoped for, but I'll take it, and I'm happy with that for now. I know this card will grow with me.

HA!!! Recons really work!!!!!!!

Message 17 of 21
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

I just love Happy Endings. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SocalMark wrote:

I just love Happy Endings. Smiley Happy

So do I Smiley Very Happy
So do I!!!!!
Thanks again Social Mark, I'm glad I called back.

Message 19 of 21
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Haha, congratulations!  That card is on my list to get at some point.  Congrats on getting the CO removed that's not yours (I know the feeling).  Woo hoo!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.