Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank You Preferred Offer in the mail

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Citi Thank You Preferred Offer in the mail

I received a offer from citi today that I was really shocked to see. Here is a background on my credit file. I filled BK this year in january and in march I was discharged, I have had a cap 1 secured card since january, a credit one since june and recently a merrick bank in august all of this year. I have a age of account of 4 years. I have one car loan through santander.

Since BK I have never been late on anything. But i'm thinking that this citi offer is a bit premature for me to approved for. What does everyone else think? I don't thnk I should apply for it but it sure is nice to see offers like this coming in.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Thank You Preferred Offer in the mail

My dad was discharged from bk chapter 7 09.
Hes been gettin offers from citi monthly. Hes applied for them 3 times and every time hes denied for BK.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 7
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
My dad was discharged from bk chapter 7 09.
Hes been gettin offers from citi monthly. Hes applied for them 3 times and every time hes denied for BK.

Thanks for the info

Message 3 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Seems like Citi likes throwing marketing money away then.

Good job on the post BK rebuild though Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 7
beb86
Valued Contributor

there garbage my wife has under a 600 for her Ficos and the send them to her 

Message 5 of 7
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

I have an 8 year old Chapter 7 BK. I ahve gotten 4 Citi Cards this year with 35K of credit lines. Citi was not included in my Chapter 7 so maybe that is why they approved. Capital One does not discriminate with BK with as long as they were not included in BK

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 6 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't waste the inquiry.  Your BK is way too new for an approval.  Sounds like Citi's pre-approval guidelines need to be fixed!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.