Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank You Preferred upgraded to World Elite MC

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Thank You Preferred upgraded to World Elite MC

hey PDX, I sent you a PM. Hope that helps!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 46
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

I got you PM, I am going to try that tomorrow.

For the heck of it I tried Citi CS again and they still don't understand there is a World Elite version of Thank You Preferred!

Message 22 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

lol i get what you mean. when i first got approved, I called the app status number and asked what kind of MC I got. They kept telling me I got a regular MC, not visa nor mastercard. I was like uh.........

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 46
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

I finally got a hold of someone and they told me I wasnt eligible.

Apparently I don't spend enough with them, which isn't going to change since I get so much better benefits on my other cards.

Message 24 of 46
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@PDXoriginal wrote:

I finally got a hold of someone and they told me I wasnt eligible.

Apparently I don't spend enough with them, which isn't going to change since I get so much better benefits on my other cards.

Interesting, as it seems enharu got it straight away (enharu, did you have another Citi card at some point?)

PDX, I assume your card isn't the 5x version, how much have you been spending?

I am tempted to ask, but since the card is new, and 90% of my spend is at CVS, probably don't want to encourage anyone to review it!

Message 25 of 46
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice card.

I wonder what the difference is between the World Elite and the Executive one

Message 26 of 46
Ron1
Super Contributor

I called Citi Presidental Executive Office and they told me my account doesn't have option to Elite World Mastercard.

Ron.

Message 27 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

Hmm they upgraded me when I made at most 20 bucks of charges on that card. I did not have any citi credit cards prior to this but I have a checking account with them for the past 7-8 years. I use my citi checking for most of the stuff I'm dealing with that requires cash or cash-like transactions. Don't think it matters though. You could try calling in again and see if someone else is willing to help.
Message 28 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

To add: there's an executive tier for MasterCard now?
Message 29 of 46
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

Anyone have a direct number to the presidential office in South Dakota? I have to call the EO office and get transfered.

I have been a Citi customer since 08 and my real fico is in the lower 800. I'll admit I only spend 5-6k on the card a year since I prefer my Amex Gold or Sapphire Preffered.

I always pay in full, I can only assume I don't make them enough money. I asked him what criteria they had for approving people for World Elite and of course he said he couldn't tell me that.

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.