Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank You Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Thank You Preferred

What's up with this card? Got a mail offer today for 13.24% and 0% BT and intro APR for 18 mos. Seems like a really good offer. Gardening is harder than I thought Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Thank You Preferred

Got a mailer for the same card with a 15.24% APR. Thought you meant the Premier initially, which I went with. I get those two cards mixed up. I honestly cant say what the SL will be. Nice looking card though.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

YPRe: Citi Thank You Preferred

I think part of the target demographic for this product are near-primes. A lot of people who are gardening would definitely fall into that category. After several years of rebuilder cards, I got an invite for a TYP. Came with a SL of $3,500 and APR of 14%. This was my first legitimate card. Three years later, it's at $7,900 my FICO hovers around the 800 mark. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YPRe: Citi Thank You Preferred

Well that's nice, but I'm NEWLY gardening lol with 4 new accounts in the last three months (none in the last two years before that). And you can see my scores in my sig. But hey I'll take being rolled into that category! LOL 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What's up with this card? Got a mail offer today for 13.24% and 0% BT and intro APR for 18 mos. Seems like a really good offer. Gardening is harder than I thought Smiley Very Happy

I used to have a ThankYou Preferred before I product changed to the Double Cash.

It definitely looked like a nice card, but it's not the greatest when it comes to benefits. Right before I PC'd I kept asking them to send me a card with the new design on it... They sent me two cards, but both had the old design. You can say I wasn't a happy camper at that point, but I'm not worried about it anymore. I was even told "it will have the new design," but of course it didn't when it came in the mail.

I would look into seeing if you could get that same offer for the ThankYou Premier since it's a much better card. You get 3x points on all travel, an additional 25% back on points when you redeem through Citi's travel site, trip cancellation/interuption insurance, lost baggage protections, and AU's for free.

Message 5 of 7
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I used to have a ThankYou Preferred before I product changed to the Double Cash.

It definitely looked like a nice card, but it's not the greatest when it comes to benefits. Right before I PC'd I kept asking them to send me a card with the new design on it... They sent me two cards, but both had the old design. You can say I wasn't a happy camper at that point, but I'm not worried about it anymore. I was even told "it will have the new design," but of course it didn't when it came in the mail.

I would look into seeing if you could get that same offer for the ThankYou Premier since it's a much better card. You get 3x points on all travel, an additional 25% back on points when you redeem through Citi's travel site, trip cancellation/interuption insurance, lost baggage protections, and AU's for free.

That's the card I really wanted but didn't have the prequal for it. I cold apped and was approved.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+ point transfer to partners

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.