Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank You Premier Rewards Change

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Thank You Premier Rewards Change

Just read on FT that the AF for this card will be $95 when these changes happen, but I'll have to look to confirm this. 

Message 11 of 36
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Gas will also include warehouse stores. 

Purchases not eligible to receive the additional ThankYou Points
include, but are not limited to, purchases made at warehouse clubs, discount stores, department stores and convenience stores. However, starting
4/19/2015 you will earn additional ThankYou Points on gas purchases made at warehouse clubs and convenience stores.

Message 12 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Kind of sucks for the dining aspect. I kind of thought the whole point was that the Premier and the Prestige were different. Now they are essentially the same. I thought it made more sense to offer one with higher dining benefit.

Message 13 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Kind of sucks for the dining aspect. I kind of thought the whole point was that the Premier and the Prestige were different. Now they are essentially the same. I thought it made more sense to offer one with higher dining benefit.

I think once transfer was added to the Premier, it makes sense that travel is the highest rewarded category, and maybe they wanted the highest-level card to have all the benefits of the lower level one (although Amex doesn't do that with the Plat over PRG)

Message 14 of 36
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

include, but are not limited to, purchases made at warehouse clubs, discount stores, department stores and convenience stores. However, starting
4/19/2015 you will earn additional ThankYou Points on gas purchases made at warehouse clubs and convenience stores.

Interesting. Too bad Costco has only takes AMEX.

Message 15 of 36
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I think once transfer was added to the Premier, it makes sense that travel is the highest rewarded category, and maybe they wanted the highest-level card to have all the benefits of the lower level one (although Amex doesn't do that with the Plat over PRG)

Interesting point.

Kind of brings up another point. If you app for the Prestige in branch the AF is $350. IF you are able to easily use the airline credit (which, considering it can be used towards airfare, shouldn't be too hard for frequent travellers), then the AF effectively drops to $100, which is 5 bucks more than the new AF for the Premier is going to be according to a poster above. That $5 gets you Admirals Club access, PP membership, and a 1.6cpp value when using points to buy AA fares, instead of 1.33 with the Premier.

Now that the point structures are identical, seems like the Prestige is just a better card, assuming of course that you would spend the $250 airline credit anyway.

Message 16 of 36
dilettante
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Just read on FT that the AF for this card will be $95 when these changes happen, but I'll have to look to confirm this. 

I received a flyer from Citi today regarding the Premier changes and it states on the letter that the AF will be $95 starting April 19, 2015.  So, those who have paid AF this year, will get credit after April 19.

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

They also changed it from a Visa Signature to a World Elite Mastercard.

Message 18 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Interesting. Too bad Costco has only takes AMEX.

Optionally, you can eventually convert the TY Premier into an AMEX.  I had the TY Premier (originally issued as VS) PC'd to AMEX, then over time, downgraded to TY Preferred - still retained the AMEX network.

Message 19 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

They also changed it from a Visa Signature to a World Elite Mastercard.

The WEMC option was always available, just not publicly advertised.  A colleague of mine had the WEMC when the main issuance for the TY Premier card was VS.  Citi tends to have flexible network options if your account is elegible.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.