Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank You app.......what does this mean ?? APPROVED.....UPDATE

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Citi Thank You app.......what does this mean ?? APPROVED.....UPDATE

It asked me for all my online info but did not say I was approved??

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Thank You app.......what does this mean ??

Call the backdoor number and see if the application went thru or not

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

I did ...they said that it had gone to 1 of there underwriters.....but I just found it odd that they would ask me for accony online info and create a password..

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

CITI bank is crap in processing apps.. Applied on 19-Dec and still it is showing pending and you will get a decision in 7 days... they dont have any recon number, you just have to wait or forget abt app...

Message 4 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

CITI bank is crap in processing apps.. Applied on 19-Dec and still it is showing pending and you will get a decision in 7 days... they dont have any recon number, you just have to wait or forget abt app...

Did it ask you for your info after you applied???

Message 5 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

I did ...they said that it had gone to 1 of there underwriters.....but I just found it odd that they would ask me for accony online info and create a password..

In my experience with Citi, it usually goes to an underwriter when you have a BK on your reports. I had to speak to one before my app was approved when my BK was still reporting. I think it is a glitch in their system that it prompts you to create a password and set up an account without the approval showing up on their system. I would think you will be approved, but just need to speak to an underwriter. I think the system gives you an application reference #, if it does, you can try their online chat to have the CSR look up the app, and maybe give you an answer. If I recall, I may have spoken only to a general CSR, not underwriting specifically. 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 6 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

The application usually does go to that stage. It has a notation somewhere that if you are not approved, the information will be voided, or something. It seems different cards have different ways of handling the application. When I applied for the Citi Forward, I could not talk with anyone and they just kept telling me it was pending.. When I applied for Thank You Preferred and Premier, I was able to have it processed on the telephone immediately. The representative was foreign for the Citi Forward, but they were in the United States for the others.
Message 7 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

In my experience with Citi, it usually goes to an underwriter when you have a BK on your reports. I had to speak to one before my app was approved when my BK was still reporting. I think it is a glitch in their system that it prompts you to create a password and set up an account without the approval showing up on their system. I would think you will be approved, but just need to speak to an underwriter. I think the system gives you an application reference #, if it does, you can try their online chat to have the CSR look up the app, and maybe give you an answer. If I recall, I may have spoken only to a general CSR, not underwriting specifically. 

do you have the number for the underwriters so I may contact them??

Message 8 of 17
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

The backdoor numbers are listed in the stickies here.

Here is the link:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 9 of 17
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

thanks.....I have tried all of those........nothing they have all told me that it has gone to an underwriter and that it will take 7 to 10 days to process.....Did  not know if there was another number I could try

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.