Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank You preferred promotion...

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Citi Thank You preferred promotion...

Just wanted to share this info with you guys, I called today since I wanted to make couple changes to my account and the representative offered me 5x points for gas/groceries/drug stores/commute expenses until March 31st...and it would earn me up to 2500 points...its not much but oh well...its something, may want to call them about it.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Thank You preferred promotion...

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Just wanted to share this info with you guys, I called today since I wanted to make couple changes to my account and the representative offered me 5x points for gas/groceries/drug stores/commute expenses until March 31st...and it would earn me up to 2500 points...its not much but oh well...its something, may want to call them about it.

Looks like a reasonable enough targeted? offer to be sure. I nearly applied for this card a few months ago after a successful conversion of CDP to DC but am content to ride along with DC for the duration being in an effort to see what else if anything Citi might release in 2015. All the best to your points.

Message 2 of 7
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Not sure if its targeted or not, but I'd suggest calling them and asking them if there are any special offers available.

BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 3 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Not sure if its targeted or not, but I'd suggest calling them and asking them if there are any special offers available.

Might just do that. Citi is been really good in this camp.

Message 4 of 7
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

I also received an email today confirming this:

Thanks for contacting us about your Citi ThankYou(R) Preferred Card account. We hope that we met all of your servicing needs. As a reminder, here is what was discussed:

• Your account has been enrolled in a special offer that will be activated within 2 business days. You will have the opportunity to earn ThankYou Points fast. With this offer, you can earn a total of 5 ThankYou Points per dollar spent, until March 31, 2015 on eligible everyday purchases made with this card account at grocery stores, gas stations and drug stores, even commuter transportation expenses, up to 2,500 points.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

"up to 2,500 points" that's a joke, right? $500 until Mar 31? I'd have that by Dec 16...
Message 6 of 7
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

I know its not much, but oh well its at least something lol...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.