Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank you Preferred Mailer

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Citi Thank you Preferred Mailer

It has an invitation code on it. Is this a pre-approval?? I did opt back in like 2-3 weeks ago.

I'm only interested in the 18 month BT offer. Would it be good for my situation??

Think I would be approved with the debt I currently have?? To be honest I really dont want another account but if I can save myself a good bit of interest over the next 8-10 months it might be a good thing.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Thank you Preferred Mailer

@LS2982 wrote:

It has an invitation code on it. Is this a pre-approval?? I did opt back in like 2-3 weeks ago.

I'm only interested in the 18 month BT offer. Would it be good for my situation??

Think I would be approved with the debt I currently have?? To be honest I really dont want another account but if I can save myself a good bit of interest over the next 8-10 months it might be a good thing.

Not sure what your asking but does it say your pre-approved or not?  Is there an OPT-OUT box on the bottom? 

And about your situation I would say no.  Didn't you just get a Barclays for the purpose of a 0% balance transfer?  I would just pay off your debt before obtaining more credit.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Im definitely working on paying down the debt just thinking about all the interest I could save. Probably best to leave it alone tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Im definitely working on paying down the debt just thinking about all the interest I could save. Probably best to leave it alone tho.

LS,  do the math and if it's worth it you then do it.  If your doing all of this just to save $200-300 I would still say no.  $500+ then yes.  It usually takes $400+ dollars in bonus/savings to get me to app for something.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 4 of 12
Simply827
Established Contributor

Shouldn't you be gardening LS??

Apply the itch cream!

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 5 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

Apply the itch cream!

Your SO right....I shall take my butt back to my garden!!!! Smiley Embarassed

App hit the shredder.......Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 12
Simply827
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Simply827 wrote:

Apply the itch cream!

Your SO right....I shall take my butt back to my garden!!!! Smiley Embarassed

+1

And why did you opt back in knowing you'd be tempted? I think you should opt out again.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 7 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

Apply the itch cream!

+1

The basic idea behind to save on interest and apply for a new card to BT at 0% kind of makes sense....but this can only be a good idea with a very tight payment plan and not end up using more credit again...therefore I would recommend to stay away unless you can really be strong and refrain from using the new CL for new purchases...I know I am very conservative with  my cards and probably  a lender nightmare for my habits Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Simply827 wrote:

Apply the itch cream!

+1

The basic idea behind to save on interest and apply for a new card to BT at 0% kind of makes sense....but this can only be a good idea with a very tight payment plan and not end up using more credit again...therefore I would recommend to stay away unless you can really be strong and refrain from using the new CL for new purchases...I know I am very conservative with  my cards and probably  a lender nightmare for my habits Smiley Wink

I've actually been very good with the Barclays account for the past 3 months not using it at all and paying down the balance in chunks.

And yes I did opt back out because i'm still scared of them JDB's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You're doing great, that being said, I don't like Citi and I don't like the idea of opening a new card for a BT... unless, like others mentioned, you will be saving more than 500 in interest.

If you still want a Citi card as a backup later on down the road, you should definately consider it.

Also, you could consolidate to a personal loan at lower interest... 

What rates are you paying now on your balances?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.