Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank you and simplicity cards?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Citi Thank you and simplicity cards?

I know somebody said they walked into a Branch and got a Simplicity card as a Mastercard and I know when I went to creditcards.com the App was for the Mastercard version as well. I decided to Call Citi to see if they could convert either card to a Mastercard and it can't be done she said.    

My question is can it really can't be done or they just don't offer it as a MAstercard any more really?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Thank you and simplicity cards?

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I know somebody said they walked into a Branch and got a Simplicity card as a Mastercard and I know when I went to creditcards.com the App was for the Mastercard version as well. I decided to Call Citi to see if they could convert either card to a Mastercard and it can't be done she said.    

My question is can it really can't be done or they just don't offer it as a MAstercard any more really?

maybe you need to try another CSR, i kind of had similiar situation with my freedom i know its different bank. I got my freedom and was originally an visa, but i was able to get it pc'ed to an mc , because i wanted an mc since most of my cc are visas. First person i talked to said couldn't be done, but second person i tried with allowed me to pc it to a MC. So maybe try that, if all fails maybe try FB or twitter to see if they will allow you to PC. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

maybe you need to try another CSR, i kind of had similiar situation with my freedom i know its different bank. I got my freedom and was originally an visa, but i was able to get it pc'ed to an mc , because i wanted an mc since most of my cc are visas. First person i talked to said couldn't be done, but second person i tried with allowed me to pc it to a MC. So maybe try that, if all fails maybe try FB or twitter to see if they will allow you to PC. 

I would try again but going through Citi phone line is such a pain .... got to go through menus like them asking for my last 4 digits of the account, then telling me account info, then etc to then asking for my password. Lady was  nice and was apologetic but maybe I did just get the wrong ones ... Call back on Monday and see what happens I guess 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 3 of 5
tragicrex

I applied in branch for the Citi Thank You Premier in May of this year. I was planning on applying online because of the (slightly) better sign up bonus, but while going through the information in the branch I realized they were offering a MasterCard as opposed to a Visa. I recieved my first (and only) World Elite MasterCard. I wanted a MC because most of my cards are Visa. On the Citi website, they only offer the Visa Signature version. I thought it was a little bizarre, but I'm happy I chose the method I did so that I got my WEMC.

I am interested in seeing if the Dividend is available in MasterCard in branch, rather than applying for the Visa online and trying to get a PC later. It's on my "maybe" list for later this year or next year.

Message 4 of 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@tragicrex wrote:

I applied in branch for the Citi Thank You Premier in May of this year. I was planning on applying online because of the (slightly) better sign up bonus, but while going through the information in the branch I realized they were offering a MasterCard as opposed to a Visa. I recieved my first (and only) World Elite MasterCard. I wanted a MC because most of my cards are Visa. On the Citi website, they only offer the Visa Signature version. I thought it was a little bizarre, but I'm happy I chose the method I did so that I got my WEMC.

I am interested in seeing if the Dividend is available in MasterCard in branch, rather than applying for the Visa online and trying to get a PC later. It's on my "maybe" list for later this year or next year.

All my cards are Either Amex, Discover , Store cards or Visa including my Debit card and I want a Mastercard.. ... Would going into a Branch help ? Got 1 a block away 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.