Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Avoidance Success!

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Citi ThankYou Avoidance Success!

Rather than be roped in to the craptastic program known as ThankYou, I called in and they are changing my conversion to the Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard.  Now, Citi, you will get action on this account again.  Asked for a manager, so helpful!

Moral of the story, don't give up on this, they can override that.

PS:  They told me that

Forward, Diamond Preferred Rewards, and PremierPass will be going to ThankYou cards,

Leaving:

ThankYou Cards

Platinum Select/PS Dividend

Diamond Preferred

Other co-branded cards

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi ThankYou Avoidance Success!

Craptastic!  Impressive Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 8
JMN
Frequent Contributor

I believe I read somewhere that someone was able to convert their soon-to-be-gone Diamond card to a Hilton HHonors card. Any official word on that? 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 3 of 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

@JMN wrote:

I believe I read somewhere that someone was able to convert their soon-to-be-gone Diamond card to a Hilton HHonors card. Any official word on that? 

From what I understand, all of the co-branded cards will stay, since those are under contracts with the company they're for.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 8
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@JMN wrote:

From what I understand, all of the co-branded cards will stay, since those are under contracts with the company they're for.

I know - that wasn't my question. Smiley Wink

My question was that I believe I saw someone able to convert from their Diamond card to a Hilton card, which is something I'd be interested in. I was curious if anyone had any official word on that.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are getting rid of the Forward card? that's not good..

Message 6 of 8
andre181
Established Contributor

I dread the day they inform me that they are switching my Forward to a ThankYou. I will do anything possible to keep my card a Forward, its the best reward card Citi has IMO for how I use it.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 7 of 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

@JMN wrote:

I know - that wasn't my question. Smiley Wink

My question was that I believe I saw someone able to convert from their Diamond card to a Hilton card, which is something I'd be interested in. I was curious if anyone had any official word on that.

I'm not sure about this.  IDK if the underwriting is different, but I know pretty much any card that isn't being axed can be converted to.  I would imagine that if he could, anyone could.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.