Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Preferred - APPROVED

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Citi ThankYou Preferred - APPROVED

WOW. Is all I have to say at the moment. I have acquired another one of my "dream" cards, the Citi ThankYou Preferred. I think its safe to say that I am done apping....for the next decade. Well many one more later on down the road. 

Approval Details: 

Limit: $2,200

APR: 22.99% Same as My Freedom, but will PIF. I'm sure it will go down significantly over time.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi ThankYou Preferred - APPROVED

congrats. enjoy. and build those aaoa up.  

i calculated with my new cards my aaoa dropped from 1.5 years to 7.8 months. but in a year ill be glad =)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

Oh, my AAoa is only a few months at this point, I have gotten 4 cards within a month. So yeah. Garden: HERE I COME!

Message 3 of 15
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Citi Thank You will definitely grow with you. SP CLI every 6 months usually (if you accept their counter offer).

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 4 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

So I received the card today....but I am a little surprised to see that it is just a standard "thankyou" card, not a "Preferred thankyou" card....

This is kind of frustrating..Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

So I received the card today....but I am a little surprised to see that it is just a standard "thankyou" card, not a "Preferred thankyou" card....

It is the same thing with Walmart Discover and US Bank Cash+. If you are not qualified Citi will consider you for regular ThankYou card instead.

I have to ask though, why TYP in the first place? Both TY and TYP are you basic 1% return (assuming you redeem it for GC) CCs, nothing stands out about them.

Message 6 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

It is the same thing with Walmart Discover and US Bank Cash+. If you are not qualified Citi will consider you for regular ThankYou card instead.

I have to ask though, why TYP in the first place? Both TY and TYP are you basic 1% return (assuming you redeem it for GC) CCs, nothing stands out about them.

Yes, you are correct, and both don't carry an AF and have the same APR, but the Preferred has the sign up bonus of spending $X,XXX in a certain amount of time and receiving I think 15,000 bonus boints. Its wierd though, if you don't qualify for it, why would they just give you the base card? They both have the exact same APR range...12.99-22.99%

Message 7 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

In fact, the base thankyou card actually has an intro APR of 0% for the first 15 months, on both purchases as well as BT's. Anyway I sent them a secure message....hopefully that can convert it. If not, Its not the end of the world.

Message 8 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

APR is not everything. The difference between regular and Preferred is sign up bonus and Preferred is NPSL.

Message 9 of 15
logan_720
Established Contributor

Oh! I see, I just read the terms and it clarified it in there. Oh well, I know Citi is definitely far from Capital One, and will definitely move up with me in terms of CL, and terms. Do you know how they are as far as granting CLI's?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.