cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for College Students Limits and Approvals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for College Students Limits and Approvals?

I was wondering for people who have this card how easy it was to get approved and what your limit was?  Is it a good card to get?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for College Students Limits and Approvals?

DW had it, SL $3000 or 3500 and it was eventually upgraded to a DC when she chatted with a service rep
Message 2 of 7
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

A lot people advise against this card.  Get either the Thank you Premier or the no AF Citi DC card. The later is better for student.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: Aw fudge, I always miss people's description notes. Edited my post Smiley Tongue

If you have credit established and sufficient income (for a student), don't go for student cards. You can do better. I got an inital $2K CL and it was bumped to $4.5K later on. I'm still looking to upgrade it to DC, but they won't let me yet.

The only time I would go for a student card is having no credit and looking to establish some, or low income and a student.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

A lot people advise against this card.  Get either the Thank you Premier or the no AF Citi DC card. The later is better for student.

Really?  Why do a lot of people advise against this card?  I've had it for about 4 months.  No issues thus far.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Actually I have the regular card.  Not the one for students.

Message 6 of 7
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Do you have to be a student to apply for the card and get the bonus? I was thinking about getting the Prestige for long term then downgrade to the no annual, or I might just get the premier for gas and for the Thank you program and downgrade before the annual fee hits.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.