Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Preferred - New Design & Perks

tag
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi ThankYou Preferred - New Design & Perks

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems Citi is about to launch new bonus offers on both Preferred and Premier. The pages on both cards have these placeholders right now:

"Earn 0 bonus points after making $0 in purchases within 0 months of account opening" 

Is anyone seeing anything updated on their end?

They pulled their signup offers on those cards awhile back. It is not a new thing. Been going on for a little while now. 

For the presitge I see a 50k offer but for the primere and preferred I dont see any offer or a placeholder... All citi card applications are down also

Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 21 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@itsmejonathan wrote:

I called and requested a new card thorugh the automated system. The new card looks amazing!

It does look nice. Now they just need to revamp the earning structure to make it more attractive, IMO

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems Citi is about to launch new bonus offers on both Preferred and Premier. The pages on both cards have these placeholders right now:

"Earn 0 bonus points after making $0 in purchases within 0 months of account opening" 

They pulled their signup offers on those cards awhile back. It is not a new thing. Been going on for a little while now. 

I have been checking for the past two weeks and have never seen the "earn 0 for $0 within 0" message, until today. An offer for the Thank You Premier did show up last Wednesday only for a few hours, it was for 20,000 ThankYou Points with a 3K spend, so I think there's a good chance we'll see some new offers soon.

Message 23 of 28
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been checking for the past two weeks and have never seen the "earn 0 for $0 within 0" message, until today. An offer for the Thank You Premier did show up last Wednesday only for a few hours, it was for 20,000 ThankYou Points with a 3K spend, so I think there's a good chance we'll see some new offers soon.

There were a few links reported that still showed a signup but in most places including the citi main site they have been showing no signup offe for like two weeks. I don't necessarily think that they brought down the application because of a potential new bonus. It is possible, but given that Citi is adding a bunch of benefits to their cards it is equally possible if not more so that they are updating their website to reflect all the new marketing information. I have to dig into all the new benefits as some look very interesting and may make it even more likely I will keep the prestige card another year. There is no doubt in my mind that they will bring bonuses back to the premier. I'm just not certain when that will be. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 24 of 28
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Well I applied for the Thank You Preffered back on March 16 and was approved. The sign up bonus was 20K TY points for a $1000 spend in 3 months which I've already met. So not sure why Citi's playing Whodini with the sign up bonus lol. I did notice it wasn't there last week.
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 28
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

I am now able to access he app and I see the new card design. Oh hell no! That's not what I have, I'm about to request a new card lol
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoroLucky wrote:
I am now able to access he app and I see the new card design. Oh hell no! That's not what I have, I'm about to request a new card lol

lol ...new design is clean, elegant looking but only a big signup bonus will get me excited.

Message 27 of 28
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Interesting, the old TYp card design can still apparently be found on 2 pages on the Citi Credit Cards website, here and here.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.