Contributor
alexak

Citi ThankYou Preferred "pre-screened" offer

I am currently on my credit repair journey and have been stalking these boards for quite some time. And thanks to everyone here, I was able to have my one collection removed from all credit reports, and am waiting to hear back from CapOne on a GW for some lates (not getting my hopes up).

ok, So, I just got a "pre-screened" offer from Citi for the ThankYou Preferred Visa. I doesnt say anywhere that I am "Pre-approved" so I am a bit skeptical. Here is my currrent credit profile:

EQ Fico: 617; USAA Fako EX 630, EQ 606, TU 606

AAoA: 1 year

Oldest Account: 4 years 9 months

Total of 4 accounts, only 3 are open

Baddies: 30, 60 & 90 days late, From July 2012 to Aug 2011 due to financial hardship

%Util Reporting is 55% but will be 20% bynext statement cut (about a month)

INQ: EQ- 3 since June 2012, 6 total in the last year; EX: 2 in the last year; TU- 2 in the last 3 months, 4 total in the last year

Also, my mom added me as an AU to one of her oldest cards (about 7 years) and has only about 9% Util. I am waiting for it to show up in my reports.

My question is, could this be right? I havent gotten a credit card offer in over a year, especially not from a major bank, so I am quite surprised. Do I have a chance at getting approved or approved on recon once i get my %Util lowers? My open cards are CapOne Cash with a $300 limit and Orchard Bank with a $300 limit.

Thanks in advance! (and sorry for the novel!):smileyhappy:

Current: EX(plus) 659, EQ(Lender pull) 661, TU(Lender Pull) 664, Credit Karma: 691, Credit Sesame: 693
GOAL: 750's by Dec 2014
In my wallet: Chase Freedom $2000, Discover IT $1700, Chase Slate $1000, Citi Diamond Preferred $800, WFNNB/Victoria's Secret $500, Orchard Bank $500, Cap One Cash Rewards: $500
AU Bank of America $21,500
Regular Contributor
Settemio

Re: Citi ThankYou Preferred "pre-screened" offer

I just got approved from one of these, but my experian (the agency they will pull) was 80 pts higher than yours. If you dont mind a credit hit, you can try. I would think they would want a score around 660ish... but I again, I dont work there.

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Pre-screened, pre-approved, etc. don't guarantee approval. They base the offer on minimal marketing info they get from the CRAs.

I'm not very familiar w/Citi,  but the profile you have in your post doesn't look like they'd approve IMO. I would wait for your mother's card to report, as that will help w/your aging and util and should give your FICO a nice boost. At that point, maybe revisit apping w/Citi (or other prime card) -- though w/the lates, I'm not sure how you'd do.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Contributor
alexak

Thats what I was thinking. I didn't think my score and/or credit profile was anywhere near what they look for. 

I was planning on applying for a USAA Visa in December or January anyways. 

Current: EX(plus) 659, EQ(Lender pull) 661, TU(Lender Pull) 664, Credit Karma: 691, Credit Sesame: 693
GOAL: 750's by Dec 2014
In my wallet: Chase Freedom $2000, Discover IT $1700, Chase Slate $1000, Citi Diamond Preferred $800, WFNNB/Victoria's Secret $500, Orchard Bank $500, Cap One Cash Rewards: $500
AU Bank of America $21,500
Valued Contributor
tcbofade

DW has higher scores than yours.  Less baddies.  Lower util.

She got the same "prescreened" offer, and they denied her.

If I were you, I wouldn't waste the inq.

Current Scores: EX 706 (FCR) TU08: 641 Wally.11/23/14
Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until further notice...
Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}