Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi ThankYou Premier

@Beckhsrules wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's about the Citi Prestige and CitiGold accounts.  Doesn't pertain to the Premier

You mean the additional 40k for opening the CitiGold checking account right? I thought I could do it even now and get the additional points. Is it not possible? Do I need a CITI Prestige for it? Actually I am planning on getting a Prestige sometime in April next year so that I can have a greater junk of TY points and enjoy the premium travel.

Yes it about the CitiGold checking account. No, you don't need the Prestige.  The main reason why a lot of people were doing it in combination with the Prestige is because the additional 40K points have the same extra value as does the Prestige points when redeemed for AA flights.  The Premier points do not have that same extra value.

Message 21 of 24
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Beckhsrules wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's about the Citi Prestige and CitiGold accounts.  Doesn't pertain to the Premier

You mean the additional 40k for opening the CitiGold checking account right? I thought I could do it even now and get the additional points. Is it not possible? Do I need a CITI Prestige for it? Actually I am planning on getting a Prestige sometime in April next year so that I can have a greater junk of TY points and enjoy the premium travel.

Yes it about the CitiGold checking account. No, you don't need the Prestige.  The main reason why a lot of people were doing it in combination with the Prestige is because the additional 40K points have the same extra value as does the Prestige points when redeemed for AA flights.  The Premier points do not have that same extra value.

Ya I know Premier points are worth 1.25 when redeemed through their portal whereas Prestige is worth 1.6 for AA flights through their portal. 

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beckhsrules wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Beckhsrules wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ya I know Premier points are worth 1.25 when redeemed through their portal whereas Prestige is worth 1.6 for AA flights through their portal. 

Exactly.  Either way,both cards with the 50K points is a great deal. 

Message 23 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

the premier points will be worth at least 1.25cpp when redeemed for travel so the extra 40k is still $500.

my statement closes the 29th so we'll see if I get the points.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.