Citi: Transferring Limits

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Citi: Transferring Limits

Two accounts with Citi;

Double Cash : 17.3k limit

Prestige        : 26.1k limit

I don't have a use for the Prestige.  Is it possible to transfer the 26.1k to the Citi DC?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi: Transferring Limits

@babson wrote:

Two accounts with Citi;

Double Cash : 17.3k limit

Prestige        : 26.1k limit

I don't have a use for the Prestige.  Is it possible to transfer the 26.1k to the Citi DC?  Thanks in advance for the help.

It's possible if you get the right person. Ask to speak to a credit supervisor as the frontline CSRs commonly tell people that it can't be done. It will be a definite HP though to combine the limits.

Message 2 of 7
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Thanks much.

Message 3 of 7
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I think @Irish80 is right. It really does depend on the customer service rep you get. When I tried to transfer my limit from my Citi Diamond to my Citi Prestige, I must have spoken to at least half a dozen representatives/ supervisors. The closest advice I got was to close the account and ask for that credit in a credit limit increase. 

Maybe things have changed, or maybe it pays off to be more persistent. Good Luck!

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 4 of 7
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

There are credit cards out there specifically for card transfers offering  0% interest, some have no interest for over a year, you might try Chase and Discover. I got both of those and transfered my cards with high interest rates.

Message 5 of 7
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Just went thru this and on my Citi Diamond and Citi AA. Was told no due to being a restriction from transferring between co-branded and non-branded.  In your case I was told it is doable. Again yymv.

Message 6 of 7
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

I've transferred limits from citi. It's definitely a hard pull and for me they made me leave 1k on the card I was closing. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.