Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Trickery......

tag
dumaine
Regular Contributor

Citi Trickery......

I converted my Diamond Preferred to Double Cash on 9/7. Was told that any points needed to be used or forfieted by such and such a date, I forgot really. I am quite sure it was October something. Anyways, out of curisoty I attempt to login to Citi Easy Deals to see it anything peaked my interest. I get a ....your Double Cash Card does not Qualify message, so I call in and am told that the points expired yesterday.........on phone with them now..........will update!!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Trickery......

From my experience, a lot of these bankers know little about trickery.  When they do things like this is more because they are stupid or confused or both...

Message 2 of 8
dumaine
Regular Contributor

LOL............anyways,,,,,I was told that I was given wrong information during the conversion and converting from the Diamond Preferred to the Double Cash killed any already earned points immediately. Was given a $10 statement credit for the incorrect information. I only lost 1300 give or take a few points and had never used the Easy Deals anyway.....will be interesting to see how others react to this!!

Message 3 of 8
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

They did tell me the points would be invalid, however I didn't care, since they really aren't worth anything anyway..  Smiley Happy

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 4 of 8
dumaine
Regular Contributor

@itguy_65 wrote:

They did tell me the points would be invalid, however I didn't care, since they really aren't worth anything anyway..  Smiley Happy

Invalid immediatly at conversion?  I know I was told I had at least a month to use them, and there is another post somewhere on here where a person was told the same as myself..........interesting

Message 5 of 8
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I had the CDP and converted to the DC this past Sunday 9/7 and I had 2147 Easy Deal points I never used.  I seem to recall them sending out a mailer earlier this year that stated that if you cancel or convert your card you would automatically be forfeiting the Easy Deal points and no grace period would be available to use them after the end of this past May (timing guesstimate based on memory).  

Message 6 of 8
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I wish I could trade 1300 "Easy Deals" points for $10.00!!  It has to be the WORSE "rewards" program under the sun.

Message 7 of 8
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@dumaine wrote:

LOL............anyways,,,,,I was told that I was given wrong information during the conversion and converting from the Diamond Preferred to the Double Cash killed any already earned points immediately. Was given a $10 statement credit for the incorrect information. I only lost 1300 give or take a few points and had never used the Easy Deals anyway.....will be interesting to see how others react to this!!

I know they told me 60(ish) days for thankyou points, but I converted mine same day just in case.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.