Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi UPromise Card?

tag
catzcradle
New Contributor

Re: Citi UPromise Card?

Hmm, yeah I'd call them. I've never had that sort of thing requested before. You might be able to finish processing your application over the phone... I would imagine they want to verify that you live at the address on your application. Maybe if you have moved a lot, they want to be sure you will get your bills.

Also, make sure you check your credit report for duplicate inquiries if you call to finish the app process over the phone. I did this with Chase a few years ago - they sent me a letter saying they were unable to finish my app and I needed to call. I called, but then a month later I had an inquiry from the date I sent the app online and then another from the date I finished it over the phone. The CRAs removed the duplicate inquiry for me with no problem, but I did have to go to the trouble of writing the letter.

- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
07/05/08 TU 693 EQ 663 EX 711
06/01/08 TU 657 EQ 610 EX 670
Message 11 of 22
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

Ok cool-- Thanks

Just FYI-- They pulled EQ.

I know you were asking before.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

CitiUpromise is a great card!  TU was pulled for my card over a year ago.

I received a letter two weeks ago from CitiUpromise, however,  stating BOA will be taking over this card from Citi and I could go with BOA or receive a new card from Citi with my same credit limit.  I opted to stay with Citi.

Sandy

Message 13 of 22
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

Alright-- I called.  She said I can fax in copies of my bills.  I tried to explain to her I don't have any bills.  I'm going to send in a pay stub and a credit card statement.  She gave me a number to fax it to.  I asked her if it meant I was approved, and she simply said we can't continue processing your application until we have verified your identity. 

UGH

Message 14 of 22
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

Holy SMOKES!

Well, I faxed them copies of my bank statement, Capital One bill and a paystub since I didn't have any utility bills.  I just called and was APPROVED!  I got a credit limit of $3600!!  That is by far my highest limit.  My second highest limit is only $500 bucks, which I just got from Cap 1 like two weeks ago.  

I'm so excited!  Question though, is this considered a prime card??  I see all of this talk over prime/subprime cards and don't really get it.  I realize tha Cap 1card is probably a subprime card, but this Citi one seems pretty good!!

Message 15 of 22
catzcradle
New Contributor

Wow! Congrats - I'm wondering if I should apply... I suuuure would like one!

Comp- If you don't mind me asking, have you app'ed anything else recently? How's your util? I've got a inq. from June for a car loan and one of my CCs has a high balance, so I'm trying to decide if I should wait a little while... but I NEED this card. LOL. Smiley Happy

- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
Message 16 of 22
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

You are actually the one that got me interested in this card.  I researched it after you had posted about it.  No AF, 10.4% apr (I pif anyways).  Plus all the rewards of using the card.

My util is very low.  I usually pay in full each month.  I have around 30,000 in student loans, mostly federal loans.  Citi pulled EQ, which resulted in my third inq.  I have 3 inqs on TU and 2 on Ex.  I recently applied for a BOA credit card, was denied and then app'd for a Cap 1 card and only receieved a $500 limit. 

I can't believe they gave me such a high limit.  The Cap 1 card hasn't posted yet and the only other open card I have only has a $150 limit.  However I have a few others on there that I have since closed.  Still, I've never had one over $700 dollar limit.

I dunno?  I think you should try, your scores are better than mine.  I cant wait to get it!

Message 17 of 22
treski
Frequent Contributor

@Comp5569 wrote:

You are actually the one that got me interested in this card.  I researched it after you had posted about it.  No AF, 10.4% apr (I pif anyways).  Plus all the rewards of using the card.

My util is very low.  I usually pay in full each month.  I have around 30,000 in student loans, mostly federal loans.  Citi pulled EQ, which resulted in my third inq.  I have 3 inqs on TU and 2 on Ex.  I recently applied for a BOA credit card, was denied and then app'd for a Cap 1 card and only receieved a $500 limit. 

I can't believe they gave me such a high limit.  The Cap 1 card hasn't posted yet and the only other open card I have only has a $150 limit.  However I have a few others on there that I have since closed.  Still, I've never had one over $700 dollar limit.

I dunno?  I think you should try, your scores are better than mine.  I cant wait to get it!

What are your baddies, if you don't mind?
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 18 of 22
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

Sure--

I have a collection/chargeoff from Bank of America reported 6/2006 and a collection/chargeoff from Chase reported 1/2006.  They both say "Account legally paid in full for lass than the full balance."

Other than that, I really have a pretty clean record.  I think I have 1 30 day late from like 5 years ago.

Message 19 of 22
catzcradle
New Contributor

Hey, thanks for the info! I might just have to give them a call! Smiley Happy
- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.