Citi Visa to Mastercard

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Visa to Mastercard

@uswala wrote:

They can't change all to MC as at least Cotsco card will be Visa Smiley Wink

Excellent catch! 

You're exactly right... Costco is at least one card that will (almost) certainly remain 'Visa'!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 22
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I called Citi and asked if my Simplicity card can be changed to a Mastercard and rep said my Jan 2016 all Citi cards will be a MasterCard. I have a Simplicity and the rep said it Will be a World MasterCard. Has anyone else hered this?

Yeah seems like they are going through a system change or something.

Heard the same thing when I requested Dividend to be PC'd to DC. (to wait until end of year)

HOWEVER, I called in novemeber, and they said I might had to wait, but rep checked again and said he could do conversion at that moment. 

How old were you when you got your Dividend?

Message 12 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Sharingan wrote:

I have heard the rumors, but I have my doubts as to whether it will happen next month. Typically, notice is provided several months in advance of such a change and I have yet to receive anything for my remaining Citi Visa cards (Forward and Hilton HHonors Visa Sig). It's no secret that the majority of their products have transitioned to Mastercards, however, I just can't see everything changing next month. Also, the Simplicity has had a World MasterCard version for years now. The product initially debuted as a MasterCard before being available on both networks. 

Correct.  There will be some (partner agreements) that will remain on thier respective networks such as HHonors, the upcoming Costo Visa card and Citi's recent switch from MC to Visa for the BBY portfolio.  The Simplicity was also available as an AmEx version (like Forward, Diamond Preferred, Dividend) for a short period.

Message 13 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I called Citi and asked if my Simplicity card can be changed to a Mastercard and rep said my Jan 2016 all Citi cards will be a MasterCard. I have a Simplicity and the rep said it Will be a World MasterCard. Has anyone else hered this?

Heard the same thing when I requested Dividend to be PC'd to DC. (to wait until end of year)

HOWEVER, I called in novemeber, and they said I might had to wait, but rep checked again and said he could do conversion at that moment. 

I called also in Nov.

I believe the ability to change is account specific. 

Not necessarily.  Citi was unable to entertain any PCs during the last couple months during their conversion maintenance activities.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

This is very interesting... I had just mentioned a while back that it seemed more and more issuers were changing to 'Visa' (or onlBofA y offering sub-prime cards as MC, like Capital One) but if this is true then Citi could be doing the exact opposite and changing everything over to MasterCard.

Very cool stuff!

(I remember back when you had a 'choice' anytime you applied for a card, they would let you select Visa or MasterCard (my first card with Citi allowed either)... I guess I'm showing my age here... LOL - the only lender I currently have that offered me a choice was NFCU)

BofA lets you pick Visa or MC for their Cash, Travel Rewards and BankAmericard cards at the time of application. BBR is strictly MC. It's done in the branch or over the phone. So it's nice to still get some options.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Lol I didnt want to say anything either but since you asked I also wondered. I think you can still PC certain cards to the dividend. But its probably a card that monoglot is an AU of.  The dividend app link disappeared when the DC came out. Then again with all of mono's stats it wouldnt surprise me. 5% pharmacy would be great.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I called also in Nov.

I believe the ability to change is account specific. 

Not necessarily.  Citi was unable to entertain any PCs during the last couple months during their conversion maintenance activities.

Correct. 

But as I stated in my first post in this thread, and again here's a timeline:

Oct: I ask to PC Dividend to DC card. Rep checks for me and says I have to wait until end of December.

Last week or two: I ask to PC from Div to DC. Rep says again, I MIGHT have to wait until December to PC. However, he checked more in depth for me and it was successfully converted last week.

Hence, why I eligibility to convert is account based. (Edit: I do realize that this thread is for changing networks though Smiley Tongue, but it's still somewhat related) 

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Lol I didnt want to say anything either but since you asked I also wondered. I think you can still PC certain cards to the dividend. But its probably a card that monoglot is an AU of.  The dividend app link disappeared when the DC came out. Then again with all of mono's stats it wouldnt surprise me. 5% pharmacy would be great.

Lol j, you're correct. It's AU. PC'd to DC for dad. Only the cards in my sig are mine. 

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Lol j, you're correct. It's AU. PC'd to DC for dad. Only the cards in my sig are mine. 

Aww. Such a good son.  I tell ya, I'm not your age, but I have gotten all up in my family/friends credit health. I'm sure you will be great at it especially with your current trends!

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Aww. Such a good son.  I tell ya, I'm not your age, but I have gotten all up in my family/friends credit health. I'm sure you will be great at it especially with your current trends!

Haha, thank you sir! Smiley Happy

The thing about my dad is he likes to keep it simple. He never remembers / cares about categories, so I just switched him to the general 2% card. Even had to thoroughly convince him to get BCP due to our grocery spend. He won't even app for Cash+ even though our cell phone bill is one of our highest and its on autopay on a debit, lol (which I am trying to change by getting our companies a Ink card).  He just doens't want that many cards! Smiley Tongue  

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.