Did you mean: 

Citi Won't Correct HP Mistake - Updated 6/11/14

tag
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Won't Correct HP Mistake - Updated 6/11/14

@elegia wrote:

@changingmantra2 wrote:

As he said he would,  K from the EO called me back today to let me know that they will remove the HP from my CR and send me a confirmation letter.  However, they are leaving the $10,000 CLI on the Simplicity Card.   Nice way for Citi to step up. 

Congrats! And kudos, Citi.

My experiences with Citi's customer service are almost always atrocious. I remember asking for a CLI for the first time and getting all in a dither since I was super concerned about not getting a HP and spoke to four different reps both before and after, each of which basically said something completely different ("Might be a hard pull - ask someone else"; "No, should not be a hard pull"; "Yes, it actually was a hard pull"; "No, definitely was not a hard pull") - argh! I recently noticed a link to check for a pre-approved CLI on their website, though, so hopefully they have made things a bit clearer.

Yes - and I noticed it is not just Citi - I spoke with two Chase reps today - and very different information.   CSR rep's lack of information is often due to poor training and /or little to no cross-product training - which is what I found out today when I called the number on the back of my Freedom card to ask about the Freedom/Sapphire UR points combination option.   Although it can be time consuming and frustrating, I have learned not to become too upset with the CSR for not having information. Sometimes, I find it better to just find it on my own.

What I did notice in calling Citi and Chase is that the disclosure prompt now says "This call WILL be monitored or recorded," instead of "May be..."  Last week, once the manager said she would listen to the recording, there was little doubt in my mind they would remove the HP, since I know what what the CSR and I spoke about!  So, the letter shocked the heck out of me.   

In the future, if I want a CLI on the TYP, I will check out the link on the website.  Do you know what it is under?

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 11 of 15
elegia
New Contributor

@changingmantra2 wrote:

In the future, if I want a CLI on the TYP, I will check out the link on the website.  Do you know what it is under?

Benefits & Account Management > Request a Credit Line Increase

Currently and when I noticed this for the first time last month, it takes me to a page that says:

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision."

It also asks for salary and monthly mortgage/rent amounts.

So that's very clear. I remember before, the page said something infuriatingly vague like "we may need to pull your credit report" and I THINK that after I filled out this new form last month for my CLI, it went back to the old form or something. I had assumed it would only show this page if you were eligible for an increase due to the proper amount of time between increasing passing, but it's back up for me now and it's only been a month, so surely not. At any rate, there you have it.

Message 12 of 15
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

Apparently its well known on the credit card forums how uninformed some of the CSR's  from Citi are. I experienced that a few wks ago when I clicked on to the wrong link for the citi executive card. Once I realize my mistake the rep suggested that I cancel the application and apply the next day for the right card. She promised me that they wouldnt do a second pull.  Her quote-"we only do 1 pull in 30 days" -(wrong).Well I called back in 3  different times and was told by 2 out of the 3  reps that  they will do a second hard pull-which they did.

Message 13 of 15
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

@elegia wrote:

@changingmantra2 wrote:

Benefits & Account Management > Request a Credit Line Increase

Currently and when I noticed this for the first time last month, it takes me to a page that says:

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision."

It also asks for salary and monthly mortgage/rent amounts.

So that's very clear. I remember before, the page said something infuriatingly vague like "we may need to pull your credit report" and I THINK that after I filled out this new form last month for my CLI, it went back to the old form or something. I had assumed it would only show this page if you were eligible for an increase due to the proper amount of time between increasing passing, but it's back up for me now and it's only been a month, so surely not. At any rate, there you have it.

This is crazy! For the card on which they JUST gave me the CLI in April - I get this "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision." 

But on the one I have not ever gotten a CLI I got    - "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours."   Maybe because my 6th statement has not cut yet???

Now that I think of it, the manager with whom I spoke last week told me that even after my 6th statement next month, I would not be eligible for a CLI on the TYP because they will take into consideration that I just received a CLI on the Simplicity.  I mean really - the whole thing gives me a headache.

If not thing else, what I am getting out of this is to not touch any of this CLI stuff with Citi!  Smiley Happy

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 14 of 15
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

Quote : ''I have never been a sock drawer woman -  when I am done with a card, I simply close it and keep it moving! "

I smiled at that line. I am the exact same way. Congrats on the resolution of your issue. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.