Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi World Elite Authorized User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi World Elite Authorized User

I was just added as an AU on an account that's been opened 11 years, hoping it will report to the CRA's to help my AAoA.  However, when we were adding me, it only asked for name.....so how would this report? I don't have the same mailing address as the account holder. Does this mean this account won't show up on my CR's? That was the only point in adding me.....?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi World Elite Authorized User

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just added as an AU on an account that's been opened 11 years, hoping it will report to the CRA's to help my AAoA.  However, when we were adding me, it only asked for name.....so how would this report? I don't have the same mailing address as the account holder. Does this mean this account won't show up on my CR's? That was the only point in adding me.....?

I believe that you will get credit line and utilization and payment history going forward.  But you will not the get the 11 years to help out AAoA.  Just went through this on my Amex Gold/BCE when i added my wife.

But let others on here with more knowledge chime as they might know better

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering this same thing when I added my girlfriend as an AU to my Discover It card. I only needed to put a name. So similar to OP, how would her CRs even know she was added as an AU without me entering in her social or anything?

Message 3 of 13
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

I asked a similiar question earlier today and here is the post and answers:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-AAoA/td-p/3732815/page/2

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@merlinflex wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe that you will get credit line and utilization and payment history going forward.  But you will not the get the 11 years to help out AAoA.  Just went through this on my Amex Gold/BCE when i added my wife.

But let others on here with more knowledge chime as they might know better

After you're added as an AU on a Amex basic card member's account, your account opening year/month would be the time you're added.

(they used to "backdate" all the way to the basic member's date ...)

However, (as far as I know) for Chase and BoA/ML, when you're added as an AU, your account opening date would be the same as the primary account holder's.

(I was added to my parent's BoA/ML card and my credit history was longer than my lifetime ... seriously a loophole)

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

We ended up calling Citi, they confirmed they needed my SSN# to register me (we had tried online and it asked for name only) so the Cust. Rep. took care of everything and I'm good to go. She said that all account information would report to the CRA's. Whether that includes the age of the account? We'll see in a few weeks....

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We ended up calling Citi, they confirmed they needed my SSN# to register me (we had tried online and it asked for name only) so the Cust. Rep. took care of everything and I'm good to go. She said that all account information would report to the CRA's. Whether that includes the age of the account? We'll see in a few weeks....

It won't help your AAoA.  Only AMEX does that.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that based on your personal experience? I'm getting conflicting answers. The impatient flaw in me is clawing it's way into my brain!!! LOL

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that based on your personal experience? I'm getting conflicting answers. The impatient flaw in me is clawing it's way into my brain!!! LOL

No not on my personal experience but from reading these boards and elsewhere.  If someone got their AU card set for an earlier date for any card other than Amex I would think its a very limited occurrence as AMEX is the only one known for doing that.  If Citi or any other bank routinely set early MSDs it would be routinely talked about on this and other boards.  I hope it works for you but I wouldn't expect it.  Certainly update us when it reports.

Message 9 of 13
Brax
Frequent Contributor

OP is talking about Citi NOT Amex. Being an AU on a Citi card opened 11 years ago reports as an AU tradeline opened 11 years ago. One of my tradelines I was an AU on a Citi card opened 16 years ago. Without this, my AAoA would be 8.3 years, instead of 8.8 years.

If the AU tradeline doesn't show up due to different addresses, you might have to send a copy of your credit reports to Citi's credit dispute/resolution dept so they can manually add the acct to AU's credit report.

Other posters are correcct about Amex: Amex will report an AU tradeline as just opened whenever that AU is actually added.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.