Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi World to World Elite MasterCard?

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Citi World to World Elite MasterCard?

This question applies to the World MasterCard versions of Citi AAdvantage / PremierPass / Diamond Preferred / ThankYou Premier / ThankYou Prestige / Dividend products. So how do you go from World to World Elite? You can't apply for the World Elite versions of these products and they all come in World Elite for those wondering. The only Citi World Elite you can apply for is the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard.

I said World Elite a lot Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi World to World Elite MasterCard?

It might be based on your credit profile, and then they assign you a version based on what they see. I'm honestly not too sure about citi though, but I was wondering if it was something like apping for the chase freedom and they'll choose whether you get the signature version or not. In general though world elite cards are extremely difficult to get. Maybe someone else has more info?
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 45
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Speaking from experience with Citi, there are two ways for one to receive a "world elite mastercard", either by having an excellent credit history w/ Citi or just calling in and requesting the upgrade, mine you, never speak to the CSR, request your call to be transferred to an account manager, thats what i did and my dividend select mastercard was converted to an dividend world elite mastercard with the chip-n-signature feature(i.e, the Global Chip). My primary reason for requesting the upgrade was b/c of the free feature's world elite mastercard provides, 1. Priority Pass Select & 2. PriceAssure. So call in and give it a try!

Message 3 of 45
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

Speaking from experience with Citi, there are two ways for one to receive a "world elite mastercard", either by having an excellent credit history w/ Citi or just calling in and requesting the upgrade, mine you, never speak to the CSR, request your call to be transferred to an account manager, thats what i did and my dividend select mastercard was converted to an dividend world elite mastercard with the chip-n-signature feature(i.e, the Global Chip). My primary reason for requesting the upgrade was b/c of the free feature's world elite mastercard provides, 1. Priority Pass Select & 2. PriceAssure. So call in and give it a try!

Wait, you can request chip and signature (EMV) from Citi? Does it have to be World Elite? Does Platinum MC eligable for EMV?

Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep! Though they screwed that one up several times with me before they got it right.
They do soft your credit doing the upgrade but a lot of people have had success.
Your CL probably needs to be over a certain amt but I don't know what that number is. The limit on my WE is 11k.
Good luck!
Message 5 of 45
L-TWT
Established Contributor

As per the Account manager, yes the Gobal Chip feature can be requested, but only on certain CC's, the complete list was not provided during our conversation. And to answer your last question, no! the CC does not have to be specifically a World Elite Mastercard. Citi is known for their lack of providing information to their customers, for the CitiCards website only shows approximately half the CC offerings, i guess in a way its good b/c their able to create some mystic in regards to their products, therefore not to dilute their brand.

Message 6 of 45
L-TWT
Established Contributor

One's credit limit/exposure is not a factor for the world elite mastercard, for when i requested mine, my dividend platinum select mastercard CL was less than $5000.

Message 7 of 45
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

As per the Account manager, yes the Gobal Chip feature can be requested, but only on certain CC's, the complete list was not provided during our conversation. And to answer your last question, no! the CC does not have to be specifically a World Elite Mastercard. Citi is known for their lack of providing information to their customers, for the CitiCards website only shows approximately half the CC offerings, i guess in a way its good b/c their able to create some mystic in regards to their products, therefore not to dilute their brand.

Oh. I will be definitely giving Citi a call. I really want to get my hands on EMV. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incomplete EMV list
Dividend world elite
Thank you premier world elite (I believe the visa also can have a chip)
AA $450 world elite variety has it already (no request needed)
If you look on flyertalk there are probably a few others that have chip and sig versions.
Chase has some as well.
Diner's club is the only genuine full EMV chip and pin that I know of.
They're not currently accepting new apps though.
Message 9 of 45
L-TWT
Established Contributor

In my opinion the Citi dividend world elite mastercard with Global Chip(EMV) CC is perfect, no AF, free lounge access via Priority Pass,  Mastercard PriceAssure for airline tickets, and a whole host of other travel/purchase/insurance features all for FREE!!!!! Just call it the Wise-Smart-Man's Amex Platinum Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.