cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi World to World Elite MasterCard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi World to World Elite MasterCard?

Heh I have both, and both are being put to good use in different ways Smiley Happy
All depends what you need, what you purchase, and how creative you can be!
I agree that it's a great deal though. Citi gets higher swipe fees from the WE cards.
If you're a pif person like I am, I'd imagine they'd prefer you had one.
Win for both parties heh. Only the small business suffer.
Message 11 of 45
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Another question, how was your credit history when you requested World Elite? I imagine you need excellent credit history right?

Message 12 of 45
L-TWT
Established Contributor

At the time that i converted to the Dividend WE Mastercard I was knocking on the door of a 800 FICO score via Exq, Trans, only GOD knows what my Exp score was, b/c I can't get the real FICO score, but i'm assuming that Citi will look at other factor's as well, such as pymt history with them.

Message 13 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't checked my FICO in ages. The numbers below are from early last summer I think.
But I do have a few negs from around 4 yrs ago, nothing major.
Oldest open acct over 18 yrs., at the time the next oldest was 9 yrs. Average age was around 4-5 years.
If I had to guess I'd say with all the new accounts maturing that it was probably around 745-750. 1% util. I don't know what the criteria is, I'd just give it a try if you want the card. Worst thing they can say is no. They sent an AA WE to my mom to replace her world MC without her asking but her FICO is well over 800.
I'm sure that score is not the most important factor to them for this though. That's my guess anyway. At the end of the day thry just want you to be more profitable.
Message 14 of 45
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I will be giving them a call. I'm asking because I have thin credit history. No negatives, just thin files. Perfect payment history.

Message 15 of 45
Ron1
Super Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Another question, how was your credit history when you requested World Elite? I imagine you need excellent credit history right?

No missed payment. Perfect credit history. I have had Citi Dividend MC since 2000. They converted Citi Dividend MC into World MC  a couple of years ago.

Ron.

Message 16 of 45
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

From what I can tell, good candidates for World Elite cards have FICOs in the upper 700s/low 800s along with 5 digit CLs. I think it'd be difficult to qualify for one without those.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 17 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny, since I always pay early and in full Citi has been making me endless offers to keep a balance. But just as a datapoint, I've always been early paying my citi charges. Since Citi uses FICO 8, my score may well be considerably higher than the numbers above. Unfortunately you can't buy that.
Message 18 of 45
Ron1
Super Contributor

They told me to hold to see if I was qualified for the Elite MC upgrade.  They might SP/HP credit report for the upgrade. I still don't know why I have to wait for 45 days for the conversion.

Ron.

Message 19 of 45
Ron1
Super Contributor

I checked both of TU and EQ two days ago. TU was 759 and EQ was 785.

Ron.

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.