cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi about to drop oldest trade line!! But so is a 90 day baddie! Help!!

tag
princesstooth
New Contributor

Citi about to drop oldest trade line!! But so is a 90 day baddie! Help!!

So my oldest, but closed, tradeline from Citibank,1992, is scheduled to fall off in Dec. I also have a 60 and 90 day baddie scheduled to fall off in Dec.

So the questions are:

Does anyone know if Citi will update that at the end of the month or the beginning?

Should I go ahead and apply in Nov. Even though my score and report would look better with those 2 baddies gone but yet have the higher AAOA?

Any input would be much appreciated! !!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi about to drop oldest trade line!! But so is a 90 day baddie! Help!!

@princesstooth wrote:
So my oldest, but closed, tradeline from Citibank,1992, is scheduled to fall off in Dec. I also have a 60 and 90 day baddie scheduled to fall off in Dec.

So the questions are:

Does anyone know if Citi will update that at the end of the month or the beginning?

Should I go ahead and apply in Nov. Even though my score and report would look better with those 2 baddies gone but yet have the higher AAOA?

Any input would be much appreciated! !!!

Imo the Baddies off your report would help more then AAoA

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 6
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

What's your current AAOA?

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Citi is not going to update anything, the CRAs will remove them, could happen at any time now going forward, the longest it could stay on is EX as they would remove it the first full weekend of the following month. I would app after the lates disappear.

Message 4 of 6
princesstooth
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies. My AAOA is about 4 years. This TL only appears on my EX and I wanted to app for an AMEX.
Message 5 of 6
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

OP I think you will be okay if you wait for the baddies to fall off to apply. I really don't think your AAOA will hinder you. Good luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.